Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"get Together" For Hadit Members/fans.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Please "reply" if you have an interest in a get together for hadit members/fans.

I have been to "hugfest" for Hepatitis C Vets (Im not a hep c Vet, but was invited anyway). It was awesome, even tho I could not stay the whole week.

Im not sure the wheel needs to be reinvented here, so its possible/likely to use the "hugfest" as a pattern for the "haditfest".

I have a friend who does much of the planning for the get together for hugfest, and I can check to see if he would plan us one also, if there is sufficient interest.

Altho I normally think of "hadit" for Veterans, I think all of us can agree "Berta" and "Free Spirit" as well as other spouses of deceased Veterans, deserve an invite.

Its even possible that some of you know a corporate sponsor who may even pick up all/or part of the bill for this, since this directly involves disabled Veterans and/or their spouses. Asking the VA to do this would be like pulling teeth..even tho they have no problem putting on million dollar parties for themselves. Maybe someone could "ask Bob" why VA has parties sponsered by VA and why not one for disabled Veterans. (Tho I am not sure I want to even attend if VA puts it on...)
"

Of course, I completely understand that many hadit members are either too sick, or too broke for such a get together.

Some sort of a "regional" get together may be better.

An example of what makes sense is here, in what Asknod calls "hugfest".:

https://asknod.wordpress.com/category/2013-hugfest-magnet-indiana/

Photos are here

https://asknod.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/hugfest-photos/

• Founder

i like the shades of green idea and i'm also good with the cabin idea. If it's a year or more away i can save a little every month. i do like the sunshine, but i do not know if shades of green is open to all veterans or just 100% veterans. Shades of Green

sorry i am so swamped with stuff i can not be the organizer, but perhaps someone will step up.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the cost of Shades of Green Resort /they have 50%discounts so I am not sure this is with the discount?. I hope its there regular room rates then we get the 50%discount that would be great!

We would fall under 100% veterans & widows& widowed & Military Retired with Military ID.

by category they have 3 category's 100%Disable veterans are in category 2 room rate is 123.00..(.but possibly fall into category 1 category 1 is 95..00 room rate.

Regular rooms only!

but they higher price rooms for pool side rooms /suites ect,,ect,,

Category 1 is E-1 thru E-5 room rate 95.00

Category 2 is E-6 thru E-9 and some warrant officers room rate 123.00

AS of current date.

just to give some an Idea.

..................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Wait this get together is only for 100% S/C Vets?

If so I guess we can't go...

Edited by Navy4life

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

Navy for life:

NO! This is not "just for 100percent Vets". Its for hadit members and includes Berta, and Free Spirit, who are widows of Vets. I would like to keep the number somewhere around 20-50 people, but if we have more, then we can have "regional" ones..maybe one in Indiana and one in Florida. Some of us may be able to go to both, in some circumstances. Gee, it would be great to have 50 of them, one in every state!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have stayed there several times and I have sponsored rooms for other family members.

Everything there is tax free. If you want to take the family to see the mouse, they have buses that run non stop to WDW. They are on the Magnolia Palms Golf Course. The rooms are great, There are several places to eat with one big buffet. They have conference rooms and thw whole gambit for reunions and ECT.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/sponsor.htm

Lets do a call in Basser SHow open discussion about it this week.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.