Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My "bob" Email Worked! Smc R1

Rate this topic

jefmil50

I started this letter this morning, then I forgot to copy it before my phone rang of course I have to start over. So anyways I recieved a phone call yesterday from a RO rater who says they got a memo that "Bob" got an email from me of my major contentions. The rater says he is working overtime and needs to get my claim done. We go over my claim and he procedes to tell me he will grant everything I requested. At that point I ask him about the R1 rating and he says he would have to go to his superior to get authorization, because there was an appeal in for Aid and Attendance that I submitted 2 years ago. He said I would get a call within 1 day.

So this morning at 9am I get a call from his superior and he starts to tell me that he will authorize the R1 rating if I drop the appeal. Because I have a POA, the appeal stuff has to come from them and me agreeing to drop the appeal then back to the rating authority. My POA calls me and says I am not dropping the appeal because they can not say they will give me the R1 rating. It got really frustrating and confusing after that. I called the rater back and he said that I actually would not get the R1 with my original claim and just that A/A. He tells me I can get the R1 with my new 100% rating for cystotomy because it is seperate and distinct from my other disabilities. I say well that is what I need. He says ok we were al confused. If I asked for the R1 with the appeal it would take much longer.

Basically the R1 is granted from September 5 2014 and the appeal still stands but really means nothing right now pretty much a moot claim because I am currently getting rated higher right now at M+2k and that is higher than A/A.

Finally I just got finished with the rater and he said I am giving you everything and R1, if I need anything especially if I have to go to R2 to give him a call and he will help. I am just overjoyed!! My wife is probably more excited than me, I thought she was going to hit the ceiling yeserday when the rater was first teling me yes about the R1 rating.

I would like to thank Tbird first for having such a wonderful site to help out Veterans. Without this site I would be lost. Next I have to give a big thankyou to Asknod, for his knowledge and guidance through this SMC maze. Next I give a big thanks to Broncovet and Berta for their continued support and extreme know how of the rules and regulations of VA claims process. Do not want to forget curlie, I borrowed her letter format she emailed to Ms. Hickey and also all the stuff she has put on this site to help everyone research. would like to thank all the Veterans and Widows on here and elsewhere for their service and support. I am grateful for everyone here and just hope everyone can get what they deserve we have earned it.

I am not done, we never are. Thankyou!

• HadIt.com Elder

yes great news congratulations :smile:

............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

You should had not had to go through the ringer for that rating. I am happy for you.

Basser

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use