VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Thought You All Might Like This.....

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

"TAKING CARE OF OUR VETERANS IS A COST OF WAR. IF YOU CAN SPEND SIX TRILLION DOLLARS SENDING PEOPLE TO WAR, YOU CAN SPEND A FEW BILLION DOLLARS TAKING CARE OF THEM WHEN THEY COME HOME" - Sen Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

nailed it!!!!

ranger11bv:

This is spot on and so true. It's interesting when war occurs and naturally everyone focuses on the fight at hand. But, most of us whom have been thru it before, know that someday a "bill" is going to come due to support those and their families for those whom have been killed, injured, or suffered mutiple trauma's both physical and psychological. However, there's always a group that says, "it's getting too expensive now " to care for our Vets now and their familiies once the conflict is over? Of course, these are usually the same folks that want the expensive military hardware like the 400 million dollar a copy, F35 Joint Fighter and stuff like that? Don't get me wrong, I believe in a strong military also but we have to be smart at the way that we spend our national funds to support those whom have already sacrificed. Frankly, there's going to be even greater increasing competition for the federal budget but our Vets should be the priority in my opinion before expensive hardware is purchased? Also, from a political perspective, most Vets take voting seriously and that's were our greatest influence is...as a strong voting block group....that's when people whom make the important government decsions listen....Thanks again for finding and sharing this with us...

Edited by rootbeer22

Agree with you whole heartedly. The cost of one war to take care of all who have taken part in protecting our nation is a small price to pay for the number of conflicts our nation has taken part of. This is just my two cents and worth probably as much, however, the mindset should be to take care of our own so we are strong enough to take care of those who can't. Don't WE at least owe that much in return?

• HadIt.com Elder

I personally ''think we have a sissy for president''.... NOT to take a stand against the Russia President proves it...not that I want us to go to war with them but at least let them know they are not going to push the USA around....I think a US President should defend this country tooth & nail...stand up for what's right.

In any war or conflict there's going to be injury's and casualty's and all us veterans are suppose to be taken care of.....when that starts to happen is anybody's guess.

jmo

..................Buck

he done more for US wars than any other president I know do you

read the news or just or just see thing as you wish like many other

just shows prejudice is still alive. You got secret service watching over him and

his family and you got people just steps away from him and his family that is

not suppose to be their never happen until now you figure. I would hire somebody

to watch secret service. This n=man been catching hell 6 years with his head hanging high

with nothing to be ashamed of . jmho

Edited by RUREADY