Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great News

Rate this question

notapb1

Question

I just received notification from the VA that I have been awarded a permanent 100% disability evaluation effective November 2012 under IU. It states that no future examination will be scheduled in the future for your permanent and total disabilities.

I am grateful to all that answered my questions and motivated me to stick with it and put up with some whining about the system.

If I can be of help to anyone in the future please don't hesitate to ask. I am not an expert, but I can tell you what they required and how it was done.

Thanks to all again! The sun is finally shinning over our house!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats that award brings security. Do you have SSD benefits?

Another great success story congratulations Notapb1.Enjoy your retro.In NY you are exempt from all property taxes if you are 100% P&T.

To Whom It May Concern: State Property Tax Exemptions while IU Denied and on Appeal. This worked in Michigan. Last 06/27/14 I was Awarded IU and the following day while completing my Michigan Property Tax Exemption claim I noticed that 1 of the 3 "OR" criteria for being eligible for the exemption is "Proof of IU." My recent IU Award clearly covered me, so I knew I was a lock, no problem. As N & M evidence for my DRO Hearing, I had obtained a VA Vocational Rehab Denial Letter back in 2013 from a 2012 Voc Rehab attempt. The DRO said the Voc Rehab "Denial Letter" sealed the deal for IU.

A couple hours later, while cutting the lawn, it hit me. A member of my Nam PTSD group had been denied IU due to a College Degree and the possibility to Sedentary work and was currently about 8 months into his DRO NOD. I had advised him in 01/14 to get the Voc Rehab Denial letter for his appeal, which he did. I went in and called him and told him that I thought the Voc Rehab Denial Letter would be GOOD for the Property Tax Exemption. It worked, he filed the following Monday and eventually received the $$ for 2013 and 2014. In Michigan you have to refile each year, he just attached a copy of the same Voc Rehab letter and the 2015 Property Tax was waived again. He's still waiting on his DRO Hearing but getting the $10K for 13 & 14 and not having to pay 2015, put a smile on his face. VA Chapter 35 Vocational Rehabilitation can help Vets in many ways, especially as evidence for IU.

In Michigan, a Vet that receives VA "Pecuniary" assistance is also eligible for the Veterans Property Tax exemption even if they're not 100% SC or IU.

Semper Fi

Gastone