VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ig Indictment- Falsified Records

Berta

The IG needs to get with the GAO and find the several million dollars that they cannot account for every year, and create a monetary reward system for employees who expose crime inside the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

50 counts usually means 50 times... so theres likely some poolr vet that either died or suffered needlessly waiting on care and getting appts cancelled

why would they say that vets waived treament or had already been treated ? Is it to make it seem as the fee based care is being underutilized so it can be eliminated? why would someone at that position be interested in doing that? I think the IG needs to look a little higher.. Union officials pressuring congressman, and on down the line to shut the choice program down is my guess. Choice program pretty much eliminates the good ole boy kickback system between contractors and va execs.

and or, outside scheduling services are getting paid for care they are not scheduling.. One very large company does most of the scheduling for the fee based care.. Im sure the va has a great " arrangement" with them,

Fee Based got really hammered a few years back for not properly keeping track of what was spent. Congress (as I recall) was doing the hammering!

It looks like that was just a small part of the overall problems concerning money.

Yet, how can you provide the REQUIRED BY LAW services in a TIMELY MANNER, whether anticipated or not, and expect to spend exactly what was budgeted?

Obviously, the VA's record shows that they placed an emphasis on money rather than services, and then did a poor job of it at that!

Making a drastic change (supposedly in progress) is going to produce major increases in areas that were underfunded in the past.

At the same time, without serious changes (Many of which will undoubtedly impact veterans unfavorably if the VA gets it's way) the administrative costs will drastically increase.

Turns out that you cannot have it both ways. Micromanagement (and poor management to boot) of funds always has created serious problems, be it in government or private industry.

• HadIt.com Elder

Fee Service has some very lazy people who work for them. I used to have problems with one who lied on my medical records and I called her out to her boss. Veterans should read their records they will be surprised at how many things are written that are out right lies.

• 2 weeks later...

To Veterans and family. I recently came across some disturbing documentation on my ebenefits webpage that I know was accidently input into my claim file. I accessed my ebenefits "Status of Claim on Appeal" tab and what was there is this; " The BVA had adjudicated my 18 yearsold Claim on Appeal and 'withheld' this Appeals Hearing from me! Yes you heard me correctly, for what I had always thought was that their were a few bad apples in the basket that were the cause of some claims being delayed and backed up for years. But this "Evidence" I have in (my possession) proves that the BVA and its Board Members are also participants in the wrong doings and injustices most of us veterans are forced to endure. I mean on Feb. 27, 2014, the BVA "Granted" my Claim, (Closed Out) my claim on appeal file, claimed to havr sent my file to the Authorizers, and sending me 'Notice' of its Ruling. But I see this wasnt to be the case. The BVA favorable ruling in my claim was strictly for Congress, to show that the BVA is reducing its backlogged claims on appeal. My further inspection of my ebenefits webpage (Verified) that I had in fact been awarded 'Service Connected Benefits' for the following reason(s): 1# There were several 'Notices' on my webpage from the ( U. S. Department of Treasury ) telling me that I must provide a Direct Deposit Routing No. so that my award could be processed, (I have all this). 2# I also received several 'Notices' from Compensation and Pension, who also states; " Now that you are receiving Benefits please verify your Contact Information". (Remember, my Claim on Appeal was adjudicated without my knowledge and no Notifications being sent out to me. In fact, it wasnt until Nov. 2014, that I found out the BVA had granted my claim several months earlier back in Feb. 27, 2014. So after my inquiring with numerous VA Departments about my granted claim, and my not receiving any of the benefits, I eventually get a 'Notice Letter' from a MR. Bruce Gipe " Director of Management, Planning and Analysis. This letter stated that my Claim on Appeal was being reviewed by a VLJ and my claim has been Remanded!! ". ( Because my claim had been secretly adjudicated and kept from my knowledge, BVA continued with illegally adjudicating my Claim on Appeal as if the Feb. 27, 2014 never existed! ). So I have spent the pass couple of months trying to get answers to why I havent been notified that my claim had been granted, or why I wasnt given 'Notice' that my claim had been reopened. Everyone at the BVA has been playing ignorant of any BVA Hearing/Ruling in my claim on appeal, and as you know, all information has been wiped clean of existing. Thank goodness I had the mindset to 'immediately copy' the BVA Hearing Transcripts with the VLJ granting my claim, as well as the Notice Letters from U. S. Treasury, otherwise who would have ever believed or considered that the whole BVA is involved in this conspiracy. But with the evidence I gathered from my ebenefits webpage, this cant be denied or disputed, plus it shows that the very BVA is a participant. Now I want to 'Post' this evidence for veterans to see, that its time for US all to come together for the purposes of dismantling this corrupt structure of Veterans Affairs. Please provide me access to submit the evidence against BVA. Otherwise we veterans will be forever seeking justice from the BVA that is not forthcoming. Please help me to expose the BVA, the exculpatory evidence is only 14 pages, and righy off the VA's website.....Respectfully, D. A. Smith