Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU and Employment Questionaire

Rate this question

Aric

Question

I have been on IU for 8 years as well as SSDI.  I have never in 8 years ever got an Employment Questionaire?  Is this right?  My rating letter says IU, not future exams, and not P&T....

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a controversial subject

The award letter should state that you need to fill out the employment  questioner every year, how ever if your not sure to its best to fill one out.

I been TDIU P&T for almost 14 years now and I filled one out  for ten years and received a letter from VA RO telling me I no longer need to fill out this form...so I have not sent one in  in 4 years.

you call peggy and ask her if you need to fill out this form every year.

Most veterans I've visited with say they still fill out the form every year usually on there anniversary date of their Award.

.........Buck

I have been TDIU, P & T for 15 years and the first and only one I received was last year.  I didn't receive me this year.  As a rule, l never contact VA unless they request something from me.

The Income/Employment Verification Letter just came back on-line in 2015. Got mine 7/15/15, my IU anniversary date was 06/29/14.

The requirement of the Vet to supply the Verification form, was never suspended, the VA just stopped mailing them out for about 6+ years. If a Vet is 69+ he is no-longer required to file the form.

If you haven't filed the form in years, and the VA hasn't jumped ugly, good for you. BUT, failure to file it, is grounds for the Rating Dept to propose a Reduction back to your Pre-IU SC Rating. The Form takes less than 10 min to complete, better safe than sorry.

Many Vets think the T & P, No future Exams Scheduled, on their IU Award Letter, refers to the IU Award. It only refers to your Medical SC's, IU is never Permanent till the 20Yr Anniversary date. You show or it gets reported that you've had 12 consecutive months of above SGI level earned income, you'll be up for an IU Reduction.

Semper Fi