VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copies of C&P Exam Results Must Now Be Requested from Your RO?

Rate this question

lotzaspotz

Question

This is interesting and unfortunate, if true.  My husband had another C&P exam yesterday. It was at a VA office in town dedicated to these exams, but not at the VAMC.  While it was going on and I was waiting in the lobby, I asked the receptionist for the form to complete to get a copy of it, as I've always done.  She replied, and the examiner later concurred when I asked him the same thing, that the VA nationwide has implemented a new policy.  Copies of exam results must now be requested directly from the RO, and will not be available until after a claim is decided.  VAMC's will no longer provide copies to veterans.  You can guess what's going to happen (or more likely, not happen) if veterans have to jump through this brand new hoop to get medical information that rightfully belongs to them in reference to their claims and appeals.

Has anyone else heard this?  I'm wondering how the HIPAA laws impact this.  Our Congressman is also an M.D., and I'm ready to contact him, but I'd first like to get my facts straight.  I asked about accessing the information on ebenefits, but they told me to expect a change in that, but they didn't know how that was all going to shake out.  

Edited by lotzaspotz

Persistence and Perseverance, my two favorite words that begin with the letter P. Bronco, i remember reading some of Captain Contaminates posts and I was wondering the same.

let me play devils advocate for a moment. lets say you get a copy of your exam before the claim is final. lets say you strongly disagree and you call the doctor who did the exam and bitch. you don't think for a moment that the doctor wouldn't negatively complain to regional?

i received my nsc a&a because the examining doctor noticed how deformed my hands were and called regional to make sure that was included in my claim. evidently, it hadn't been included although that was the reason i applied for it.

So those of you who were denied copies of your exam results had to wait until after your claim was decided to get a hard copy or see it pop up on ebenefits?  If you appealed and got another exam ordered by the Board or CAVC, did you have to wait until the appeal was decided before you got a copy?  

I would never advise calling an examiner personally to air one's displeasure over the exam results.  There's a formal process to challenge the exam and it doesn't include contacting the examiner.  

So much for Government Transparency.....