Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Closure, well kind of.....

Rate this topic

green

WOW! This is Wonderful News TexasMarine!!!!!!

."  They didn't take my Intent to file date into considerations but rather went back to the C&P date.  Keep in mind that I had a lot of medical documentation that proved the existence of these contentions much earlier.  I understand that I may not get them to go back beyond the Intent to File date but will ask for clarification on why 12/7/14 wasn't the date they used. "

The actual decision will tell you more and if you can scan and attach that here when it comes, we can see how best to challenge the EED.

I was happy and sad to read this ...happy that the 100% P & T has been granted, but sad that it is a 'partial closure" and I myself and many here can sure relate to that.

BUT you WON and 100% P & T is a biggy...the spouse and maybe the kids? if any,  should be eligible for CHAMPVA and also they would be eligible ( up to age 26) for Chapter 35 ( just the kids), and they will add military service to that EED to extend it) ...there it no age limit for the spouse under Chap 35.

I have used both. CHAMPVA as many have said here is Fabulous. It has to be applied for and the CHAMPVA site has the app.

Chapter 35 paid for half of my degree from American Military University, a university started by the United State Marine Corps. I was the only civilian there and my favorite professor was a Marine Corp Major who , as the toughest teacher I ever had, ,made me realize I could apply tactical warfare maneuvers to my VA claims!  He was still actively involved in the strategic and tactical plans of OIF OEF.

Also check out the info here on  state or local  property tax bennies too....

My tax exemptions come from our local town board, only about 800 of us in the town but still they voted in exemptions for veterans as well as their surviving spouses if they were 100% P & T SC in their lifetime.

Every time I finally succeeded on a claim, I got depressed, but it went away....

it is so hard to put down the weapons. And I always had to pick them back up again due to.......partial closure....

But we can NEVER give up.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use