VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Entitlement

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Hey, I saw this on Ebennies this morning...I have a current EED NOD in place since last fall, but this morning I saw another appeal that said Entitlement to EED.  What does that mean? 

6 hours ago, Andyman73 said:

I already gave the DAV a long year to give it a try, and all that happened was denials everywhere, and no help from them.

They are the WORST. the staff is incompetent beyond belief. When i got my SC last year i joined them like a idiot thinking it would help me see someone more knowledgeable, i was sadly mistaken. Not even a month after i started paying them they started sending me junk mail begging for money to "help" us Vets, wtf??? Seriously? I NEEDED YOUR HELP ASSHOLES, lol. Oh well, Lawyer is tge way to go in my opinion, they have a stake in it too

I would caution to check on the attorneys stats and game plans. Some will give up on you if your claims are too complex. Not knocking attorneys, however, they run businesses, essentially they are a business and well if it's too much work, they will drop the claim in mid stream. Just, I just caution for folks to be aware of this fact. Make sure you and your attorney are on the same page with the same goals. JMO

10 hours ago, ArNG11 said:

I would caution to check on the attorneys stats and game plans. Some will give up on you if your claims are too complex. Not knocking attorneys, however, they run businesses, essentially they are a business and well if it's too much work, they will drop the claim in mid stream. Just, I just caution for folks to be aware of this fact. Make sure you and your attorney are on the same page with the same goals. JMO

For sure for sure, but the simple fact that they even bothered to have you sign your name on the dotted line means you may in fact have a LEGAL basis for your Claim. There ARE bad VA Lawyers out there, i've done my homework though. I've also heard horror storys of Lawyers rolling 1 or 2 good&easy claims in with a bunch of duds just to jack up their 20% fee. Just saying personally, i've felt more confidence with a Lawyer who has a Stake in my Claim than a shoddy VSO who's collecting a State check cruising to retirement, or worse, an incompetent ill informed volunteer.

I would add to this thread that you should also do a background check on any attorney.  I am a paralegal by trade and I know that you can get "bad" attorney's.  Check with the ABA (American Bar Association) for any complaints, law suits, or anything regarding an attorney you are considering hiring.  Attorney's are notorious for "taking your money" and billing and billing...At least some of them.

There is a great old joke out there...you are locked in a room with a tiger, bear, and an attorney but you only have two bullets so who do you shoot?  The attorney TWICE! LOL

Have a great Sunday!!!

3 hours ago, Navy4life said:

I would add to this thread that you should also do a background check on any attorney.  I am a paralegal by trade and I know that you can get "bad" attorney's.  Check with the ABA (American Bar Association) for any complaints, law suits, or anything regarding an attorney you are considering hiring.  Attorney's are notorious for "taking your money" and billing and billing...At least some of them.

There is a great old joke out there...you are locked in a room with a tiger, bear, and an attorney but you only have two bullets so who do you shoot?  The attorney TWICE! LOL

Have a great Sunday!!!

That made me laugh so hard I almost pissed my pants.  

All jokes aside though you must use extreme caution when choosing someone to be in the trenches with you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Unless the Attorney is a young slim tall beautiful Attractive woman   then I'd have to shoot the tiger & bear..:smile:

Most NOVA Attorneys are trained in VA Law and handle more VA Claims than most attorneys  but yes they are always a bad apple in the basket.

Edited by Buck52