Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No yearly reporting?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Got my approval packet on Friday for a CUE and TPIU, however there was nothing in the packet that says anything about having to report employment on a yearly basis.

The letter did say(paraphrasing) "No future appointments are scheduled....educational benefits for dependents is approved..."

Is there a form, a letter..or something that tells me the requirement for yearly employment reporting?

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

cya and send the form every year until they say stop - I believe it is this form https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/vba-21-4140-1-are.pdf

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

As an IU Vet, it's your responsibility complete and file the 21-4140 yearly (within 60 days of your IU Anniversary Date) until age 70. Even if you don't receive a VA Letter requesting its completion, it is all on you.    Semper Fi

Per VA Regs, you'd open yourself up for a possible reduction, not wise. Who needs the grief, the 4140 takes all of 15 min at the most to complete. Why take a chance on having to fight a proposed Reduction?

The IU 4140 has been an ongoing requirement for all IU Vets, probably forever. A yearly VA 2140 letter would arrive about a month or so before your IU Anniversary Date.

For whatever reason, the VA stopped mailing the 4140 Letter to Vets for a period of (3?+) years, pre- 2014. The VA not mailing the IU Aniversary Date 4140 letter didn't remove the Vet's obligation to file it. How many Vets got Letters of a proposed Reduction due to failure to File the 4140, I have no idea. The VA restarted the IU anniversary date Filings in 14 or 15.

Semper Fi

I'm confused now his letter stated he was P and T and he still needs to report earnings with no future exams?

• HadIt.com Elder

Yep  if  your TDIU P&T OR  IU  with no future exams schedule, you still need to send it in every year  (why?) need to ask the VA that, but just going by the regulations its best to send it in.

...So as  Gastone mention failure to send this 21 4140-1 in  your likely to get a letter from your R.O. proposal to reduce  ..its best to send it in on Jan of each  year and make copies &  send it in with sign return receipt.

Most Veterans send it in on there Award Date or close to it.

They may or may not send this form to IU Veterans  However its the Veteran Responsibility to send it in.

jmo

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!