VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2018, Got my Docket #

Rate this question

Oceanbound

Question

Will post my appeal journey in this thread. Here starts the road to victory. 

Sept 2017 - hired GloverLuck since I HADIT with getting denied by the VA with the injuries I have documented in my file. I was homeless, lost my marriage, and 15 years of my life.

April 2018 - Got my Docket #.

Hopefully it does not take 5 years, but I expect it for the traditional route, and not RAMP.

Board of Veterans’ Appeals Response to COVID-19

The Board of Veterans’ Appeals (Board) is making changes to keep Veterans safe from exposure to COVID-19 while continuing its mission of providing hearings and deciding appeals.

1. The Board temporarily suspended all in-person (travel board, video and Central Office) hearings. Virtual hearings remain available. The Board continues to assess the situation in partnership with Veterans Service Organizations and representatives and will resume in-person hearings as soon as possible.

We ask Veterans to work with their representatives to elect a virtual hearing or to reschedule hearings. Veterans who prefer to wait for travel board, video or central office hearings to resume will receive top priority in hearing rescheduling.

Click here for information on virtual hearings.

2. The Board will consider Advance on Docket (AOD) motions on appeals for Veterans impacted by COVID-19; Click here to find out how to file for AOD and what documentation is required.

3. During this National emergency, the Board will now accept typed signatures on AMA Notices of Disagreement (NOD)VA Form 10182, in lieu of a wet signature.

4. VA’s current regulations provide flexibility for VA to extend filing deadlines for good cause on a case by case basis. The Board understands that each Veteran/appellant has unique circumstances and the current situation may create challenges for many in meeting some deadlines, therefore the Board will consider requests to extend timelines for good cause. The Veteran or representative can file an extension request in advance or explain it at the time of filing the notice of disagreement or substantive appeal.

• HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, Oceanbound said:

Letter dated May 15th but only received it a week later, stated that I have 90 days to submit anything to the BVA, for my "evidence docket."

image.thumb.png.e99b984bdc4cdf2954ad19fc28f7ded1.png

Yes you need to submit which way you want to go here and you have 90 days from the receipt of this letter, according to your case you can choose the above on how you want your case  solved.

what would be the best way to solve your case?

1.DIRECT  (NO EVIDENCE) 

2. EVIDENCE (YOU HAVE MORE EVIDENCE FAVORABLE TO YOUR CASE)

3. LET A JUDGE HEAR YOUR CASE 

YOU CHOOSE WHICH IS THE BEST WAY TO GO.

i WOULD RECOMMEND GETTING AN ATTORNEY AT THIS POINT.

• HadIt.com Elder
13 hours ago, Oceanbound said:

Buck, I already have lawyered up.

That's great Oceanbound...sounds like your on top of things.

I wish you the best.