VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are "they" desperate?

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi,

I checked my e-mail earlier and what in the world did my wondering eyes see?  An e-mail from the VBA following up on their RAMP invitation.  Hmmmm.

Is it me or does this positively reek of desperation for their Pilot program?  It is probably just cynical me.

Any thoughts, opinions, and/or advice is always welcomed.

Thank you.

H

Hollie Greene, it's sheer desperation on the VA's part I believe! you are not being cynical. I agree with Retiredat44, and I wish I had trusted my gut.

I spoke with my VSO a few months after opting into RAMP earlier this year, but I wish I had spoken with him before opting into it! He told me that the VA is overhauling it's system for 2019 so they are desperately trying to clear their backlog- by any means necessary. That's why they are sending out RAMP invitations right and left. When we (veterans) opt into RAMP, they make it sound good for us, when in actuality, it is good for them. Deny, deny, deny until the backlog is cleared- quick and easy!

My VSO said he's been seeing an overwhelming majority of RAMP claims come across his desk as denied/ "NOT SERVICE CONNECTED". I wish I had known this before opting into RAMP back in April. After filing a traditional appeal and waiting for almost 3 years, I got anxious. So when the RAMP invitation came, quite naturally, it looked like an answered prayer. Unfortunately, like so many other vets, I took the bait...Long story short, just this week, I discovered that my two contentions were denied through RAMP, when there was clearly enough evidence to connect them to my military service.

Now I have to lace up my boxing gloves again and step back into the ring. If any other RAMP invites roll my way for other contentions that I have out there, you'd better believe that I'm tossing the invites into the garbage can. I have been let down so many times by the VA, I should have known this was too good to be true!

My advice to other vets: Stay away from RAMP because VA certainly has something up its sleeve as usual.

Got a ramp letter when this first came about. I was rated 100% SMC for my heart condition, EED, Dec 15, yet 3 years later I get a RAMP  letter, and several emails. Just ignored them. Maybe they are desperate, or just did a mass mail and email for some odd reason.

I agree with Vern.  The VA sent me a "follow up" letter, reminding me to opt in to RAMP, WHEN I ALREADY OPTED INTO RAMP 5 weeks ago!!!

So that is a letter they send to almost everyone.  Ignore it if you have already dealt with it.