Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

haasume

Question

I have been rated 80% with TDIU since 2013. I recently attended my 5 year re-evaluation for PTSD. My exam results showed up on Myhealthyvet today, but I shouldn't get a decision until June or July according to VA.gov. I just wanted to know what you guys thought my rating "MAY" be based on this C&P.  Of course, my PTSD and MDD are firing at max speed right now worrying about it. My concern is the part where the Dr says "Moderately Severe" PTSD and depression. I have heard stories about the raters pulling small words like that out and using them for a reason to reduce benefits.                             Thank you in advance for your time and responses. 

cp1.pdf cp2.pdf cp3.pdf cp4.pdf cp5.pdf cp6.pdf cp7.pdf cp8.pdf cp9.pdf cp10.pdf

• Adminstrator

Which one of the following best describes your situation?  This is a general idea of how they will rate it.  They don't go off of one statement a doctor will place on there, it is more of a puzzle and finding out which once you fit into.

General Rating Formula for Mental Disorders

After looking it over page 9 is where I would look to see how they will rate it.  If I am reading this correctly the 70% seems to fit.  But I am not a rater, so It will based on what they see.

Edited by shrekthetank1
addition

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Vetquest  70% seems to meet the appropriate  rating closes to the symptoms ,but it looks like to me it can be a close 100% rating   depending on what the raters see and read.

70% is what i am currently rated with TDIU.  I was thinking 70% as well... I am not clear on the rules for TDIU when it pertains to a situation like this. Can the rater keep me at 70% and reduce my benefits by taking away TDIU? Even if the Dr said my condition has not improved since my last C&P? Thank you for your responses. 

Yes he can but I will say wait for the BBE.  We never know which way the rater will go.  I can only advise patience and a calm demeanor.  We have all been through this at one time or another and worrying only makes us older than our years.

• HadIt.com Elder

''Can the rater keep me at 70% and reduce my benefits by taking away TDIU? Even if the Dr said my condition has not improved since my last C&P?''

Well if you have a Qualified Dr opinion that your  conditions has not improved  its likely he will leave your IU Alone and you keep the 70% but if its increase  it should bring you to the 100% scheduler and they  make the IU Moot.  If this is for PTSD  Increase and you get it....then you should be rated at 100% scheduler...you got the IU at 70%   being paid at the 100% rate because you can't work..but only got a 70% rating  Actually this is what IU is all about.

with an increase it should increase  by 30% according to this Last C&P it could very well be a 30%increase.

Not sure the 70% is for the PTSD or  you mention 80% for the IU? 

Are you rated 80% for the PTSD? And what is the 70% for   or is this what your waiting on a decision about?

I get confused   if a veteran says one rating that he is already S.C. for IU AT 80%  and then shows a C&P for a 70% rating from a C&P Exam   as we  are only guess at 70% but in my opinion it could be 100%

So if your already rated S.C. @ 80% for PTSD   Are you asking for an increase on the 80%PTSD /MDD ?

Is this what the C&P is for? 

Anywayz Just have to wait and see?

Edited by Buck52