Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Psychologist not reporting

Rate this question

jamesriley1990

Question

Reluctantly I have been seeking treatment at the VA for my PTSD.  I was reading over the notes of my psychologist and she did a PTSD screening of me and she is misreporting or not reporting things that I stated during our last session. I told her that I was having nightmares about being in the military and that all I could remember was I was feeling scared and angry and during recent events, I felt as if I was reliving my past experiences. What can I do in this situation? 

• HadIt.com Elder

It may seem arbitrary that the claim is moving backwards for you but it is not an uncommon thing. After all, this is the VA you are dealing with, so we shouldn't be surprised on any thing they do. It may be a coach or someone noticed it was not developed in a certain area and they decided to do more work on it to make it complete. But it doesn't necessarily mean something bad regarding your claim. As you see over and over on this forum, you just have to be patient and wait till it comes to you. Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

You can ask the therapist or phys ABOUT WHAT WAS SAID IN YOUR MEETING WITH THEM

that noting nothing like this was said during our session.?

..unless I didn't hear you correct?

ayou can copy what was said of myhealtevet notes and confront them with it   they can make a Addendum they can't take it out once its in but they can correct what was actually said .

if they say that can;t  ten tell them your going to take this to the Hospital Director.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

8 hours ago, Buck52 said:

You can ask the therapist or phys ABOUT WHAT WAS SAID IN YOUR MEETING WITH THEM

that noting nothing like this was said during our session.?

..unless I didn't hear you correct?

ayou can copy what was said of myhealtevet notes and confront them with it   they can make a Addendum they can't take it out once its in but they can correct what was actually said .

if they say that can;t  ten tell them your going to take this to the Hospital Director.

Buck, I did do this and in the end, they got me in contact with the MST coordinator.  The psychologist gave me a questionnaire which I filled out and that was amended into her previous notes.

• HadIt.com Elder

OIC  

Once something is entered in your records or notes  it can't be taken out it will always be there  but the Amendment should correct it.

These people say things in their report after we leave they just make things up,  usually it don't amount to anything but some times if they flat out lie   call them on it.

I sometimes ask my therapist on my next session with her  ...I take copies of myhealthevet notes   *(Her Report during that session) and if she says something that we never talked about...I take the copies and ask her about it  they have a sudden memory lasp  but its there in black and white....''you never said this or that..why did you write in your report?...Oh well I' l l make an amends to it. ok good..but mam why did you write that  when we never talked about that?  make them feel guilty  because there caught red handed  and it will stop this BS from happening.

They will know your listening to them and that you do check your Notes after every session.  this will stop this crap from going on..if you don't call them on it  it will just keep getting worse.

(jmo)

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

OIC  

Once something is entered in your records or notes  it can't be taken out it will always be there  but the Amendment should correct it.

These people say things in their report after we leave they just make things up,  usually it don't amount to anything but some times if they flat out lie   call them on it.

I sometimes ask my therapist on my next session with her  ...I take copies of myhealthevet notes   *(Her Report during that session) and if she says something that we never talked about...I take the copies and ask her about it  they have a sudden memory lasp  but its there in black and white....''you never said this or that..why did you write in your report?...Oh well I' l l make an amends to it. ok good..but mam why did you write that  when we never talked about that?  make them feel guilty  because there caught red handed  and it will stop this BS from happening.

They will know your listening to them and that you do check your Notes after every session.  this will stop this crap from going on..if you don't call them on it  it will just keep getting worse.

(jmo)

she explained to me that essentially I did not disclose my stressors to her and when she hit no it just auto-populated the rest of the answers. I understand the confusion since I went from a private psych to a VA psych and just started where I last left off from the private psych. With all my fears and reservations the VA has been good to me, and it has been helping my daily life.