Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about MD and 100% P&T

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I was talking with the RO in Roanoke, VA today about the status of my BVA appeal which was granted and when will they finish what I am calling the second half (the ratings). He was looking in the system and unofficially (Until I have something in writing from the VA) I will be 100%. Now I thought it would be 100% P&T but he said no because of the MD, that would be re-evaluated somewhere down the road.

My question is he wrong? Because I have MD I am not considered 100% P&T but just simply 100%. Needless to say I want P&T so I get the additional perks, educational benefits, property tax discounts, etc.

Needless to say him telling me this really burst my bubble, I wanted the additional benefits not just the 100%.

Thanks

13 hours ago, GeekySquid said:

In your award letter you should see a re-evaluation date on the MD

I just went through my award letter and there is no reevaluation date in the letter. Is there someplace else I can look?

• HadIt.com Elder

That  means your not scheduled for an exam  which is good but they can still scheduled one  just keep track on it,  some times if the condition your claiming is bad  and not expected to improve in your life time they cancel an nothing is put in your award letter.

you can check your C-FILE history and look to see if they have anything on it.

9 hours ago, paulstrgn said:

someplace else I can look?

sorry just got in from gator wrangling....lost 10 lbs of ass this time out LOL.

Go generate your Letters in Ebenefits or VA.gov. The first letter to generate for 100% is the commissary letter. It does not contain any monetary calcs so it is quicker than the others. Keep checking that. The reason is that for non-P&T and TDIU 100%'ers there is a date on there for your base ID card to renew. That date corresponds directly to the date of your next evaluation.

You obviously have an ID already, but Vets who did not retire get one of these to get on base to shop.

If your commissary letter does not have a date.

for P&T'ers it looks like this

We are providing you with this letter so you may receive commissary store and exchange privileges from the Armed Forces. This is to certify Joe BulletStopper is an honorably discharged veteran of the Navy and is entitled to disability compensation at the 100 percent rate due to service-connected disability(ies).

This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations.

that red line will be different if you are not P&T.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, GeekySquid said:

sorry just got in from gator wrangling

I hope you will make some gator boots out of their skins...lol

I will check the letters once I become officially 100%, I am still waiting on the regional office to finish up the paperwork. I am hoping it will be soon, but I doubt it,

6 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

gator boots out of their skins

my closet is full of gator boots....

6 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

once I become officially 100%,

IMO don't wait for the official notification. The Commissary letter generates before anything that involves a calculation of money. Mine showed up 3 weeks before Retro pay and 5 weeks before the BBE showed up.

Mail from the VA shows up real late at my address for some reason. Even things like their letters about appointments frequently show up after the appointment.