Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question about MD and 100% P&T

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I was talking with the RO in Roanoke, VA today about the status of my BVA appeal which was granted and when will they finish what I am calling the second half (the ratings). He was looking in the system and unofficially (Until I have something in writing from the VA) I will be 100%. Now I thought it would be 100% P&T but he said no because of the MD, that would be re-evaluated somewhere down the road.

My question is he wrong? Because I have MD I am not considered 100% P&T but just simply 100%. Needless to say I want P&T so I get the additional perks, educational benefits, property tax discounts, etc.

Needless to say him telling me this really burst my bubble, I wanted the additional benefits not just the 100%.

Thanks

Richard,

Other than the MD everything else is rated at static, unfortunately my issues will never improve. Right now it is the waiting game for the VA to decide my cases, which sucks...JMO

• HadIt.com Elder

Paul, if you did your math right, if you get to 100% scheduler, I don't know but I would expect a 50% for MD would get you to SMC territory. Others can talk to that. One caution though, on HTN it is really difficult to get a rating from the VA that is higher than 10%, especially if you have been under a doc's care. They work the meds so ideally you are under 90 for the distalic (2nd number) because a rating WITH meds of 100 is a 10% rating. They don't like giving ratings out so they just keep on jacking up the meds until you get below 90 if they ca.

He also told me that the VA medical center near me, Hampton Roads VA Hospital is like number 2 from the bottom. He told me not to use that location...you just got to love it.