VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mileage reimbursement

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I’ve missed out on the past 3 years of driving to all my appointments except the ones in the past 30 days but there’s an easier process now on a tab on the new va.gov website. They give you the form now go fill out and you fax it or hand deliver  it to your appointment at the Appropriate office. So check the criteria and don’t miss out....

31AA6ECC-A5C8-41EB-9216-0AB21D8D3C96.png

24E15587-902B-45EB-8206-D170A1791C68.png

1 hour ago, GBArmy said:

Vetquest

I'm going to have to try that. I've always had to fill out a hard copy and drop it off at travel reimbursement. I never noticed it on the screen menu; is it way at the end or something, do you recall?

After you check in there should be a selection for travel pay.  I am not sure where it is but you need to look for it on the screen.  I have never done this before but discovered it last time I was at the VA.

The Temple Texas  VA has the  kiosks and I just hit one when I am leaving the building.. works great... and no lines,  I don't understand why others are still standing at the window, because no one get cash anymore the lines are sometimes 30-45 minutes long....

• HadIt.com Elder

Minor point, but at our VAMC, there is a box just outside the door. You can simply drop it off; you don't have to hand off to some clerk. IF they don't have that set-up, ask them why not. Featherbedding?