Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Called CUE on themselves ... 4 times

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Just got this in the mail today where the VA called CUE on themselves 4 times in one decision as well as adjusting rating for a sympathetic claim.  They originally granted me 10% on each knee for arthritis ... I didn't know anything about being able to file for scars.  They went back on their own and retroactively granted the scars for a year before which increased the rating I had at that time from 80% to 90%.

CUE.jpg

Edited by RBrogen

rackamall.jpg

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 10/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, RBrogen said:

lol actually at 100% the college fund is already  kicked in ... this would be grad school and a great vacation 🙂

Don't forget to check out your state benefits.

Congratulations on your win, so far... I hope they get your EED correct.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

EED - Earlier Effective Date -  the date for your award.

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

1 hour ago, Vync said:

Don't forget to check out your state benefits.

Definitely ... I researched and found that MA has a $2,000 annuity for all 100% vets (paid $1,000 in  Feb and $1,000 in Aug) of each year along with real estate tax, free college tuition etc. so definitely going to leverage that.

rackamall.jpg

• HadIt.com Elder

RBrogen; am I reading you right? Th estate of Mass. pays out a grand, twice a year, if you are rated 100% by the VA? Really! Any other states pay out like that?

2 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

RBrogen; am I reading you right? Th estate of Mass. pays out a grand, twice a year, if you are rated 100% by the VA? Really! Any other states pay out like that?

Don't know about other states but yes MA does pay $2000/yr.  I definitely recommend searching for benefits in your state for vets and researching what is available.  There are some nice bennies out there that many vets don't know about I would imagine.

Edited by RBrogen

rackamall.jpg