VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

joe martin

Rate this question

joe martin

Question

"How long" does it take VA to _______ should always be answered the same way:

It takes VA exactly how long they want to take it, and not a second sooner.  

There is no guarantee VA will EVER post it to ebenefits, because ebenefits is historically unreliable.  Or, they could post it right away.  Now, if you like I can post a WAG, and its just that.  I will WAG it to be 1 month, but it will almost never be exactly one month.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Well even when we hear anything on ebenfit's  we can't depend on it...so we have to wait for the big white envelope to be absolutely sure

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, totally agree. But one thing, you can't just go willy-nilly changing definitions on us. It's "big brown envelope'" (BBE), not "Big white envelope." You can't go doing that to me; I get confused enough with out any help. So what if it's been a "white" envelope for years. Next thing you'll do is say I can't Xerox a copy of paperwork, but I have to "copy" it.:)

• HadIt.com Elder

LOL..Well I agrree about the BBE but now days it is the BWE Big White Envelope.....And  maybe some are still getting the BBE?

My last claim was completed in 2015  and I got the BWE 

I am not sure if they all are White NOWDAYS but I think most of them will be...  anyway it don't really matter as long as the veteran gets his/her benefits and a fair deal.

Don't worry they will soon be called TBE (tiny brown envelopes), this way they will be easier to get lost in the mail...lol.

I really wished they would make them available to be downloaded besides mailing  them. 

Remember GB change is supposed to be good for us...lol

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

anyway it don't really matter as long as the veteran gets his/her benefits and a fair deal.

So very true Buck!

• HadIt.com Elder
35 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

Remember GB change is supposed to be good for us...lol

Paul

I worked for my boss and he used to say "change is good" at least once a month. The last time I remember he said it at a meeting, and two weeks later, you guessed it, we had a layoff!