Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. Many folks use Ad Blockers and I understand why, I would ask that if you want to support HadIt.com and help keep it online add HadIt.com website as an exception ×

joe martin

joe martin

Question

"How long" does it take VA to _______ should always be answered the same way:

It takes VA exactly how long they want to take it, and not a second sooner.  

There is no guarantee VA will EVER post it to ebenefits, because ebenefits is historically unreliable.  Or, they could post it right away.  Now, if you like I can post a WAG, and its just that.  I will WAG it to be 1 month, but it will almost never be exactly one month.  

Well even when we hear anything on ebenfit's  we can't depend on it...so we have to wait for the big white envelope to be absolutely sure

Buck, totally agree. But one thing, you can't just go willy-nilly changing definitions on us. It's "big brown envelope'" (BBE), not "Big white envelope." You can't go doing that to me; I get confused enough with out any help. So what if it's been a "white" envelope for years. Next thing you'll do is say I can't Xerox a copy of paperwork, but I have to "copy" it.:)

LOL..Well I agrree about the BBE but now days it is the BWE Big White Envelope.....And  maybe some are still getting the BBE?

My last claim was completed in 2015  and I got the BWE 

I am not sure if they all are White NOWDAYS but I think most of them will be...  anyway it don't really matter as long as the veteran gets his/her benefits and a fair deal.

Don't worry they will soon be called TBE (tiny brown envelopes), this way they will be easier to get lost in the mail...lol.

I really wished they would make them available to be downloaded besides mailing  them. 

Remember GB change is supposed to be good for us...lol

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

anyway it don't really matter as long as the veteran gets his/her benefits and a fair deal.

So very true Buck!

35 minutes ago, paulstrgn said:

Remember GB change is supposed to be good for us...lol

Paul

I worked for my boss and he used to say "change is good" at least once a month. The last time I remember he said it at a meeting, and two weeks later, you guessed it, we had a layoff!

• Like 1