Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just reached 1 year since my NOD. Is a conclusion in the near future?

Rate this question

Mawm

Question

Hello all. This is my first time posting on a forum about this so please go easy on me if leave anything out. I filed my IU claim 4/18 and during my c&p exam the dr decided to report that my gerd had gotten better (mind you I’ve never said this to anyone. Not even privately in my thoughts but I digress) this dropped my rating from 60% to 30% making my total go from 80% to 70%. The Atlanta Va received my NOD on 12/7/18 and I chose a DRO review. I went to my first c&p appeal exam 4/18. Around October I noticed the DRO had opened a second appeal for me. This one was for limited functionality of my R knee. This was information that I had written about in my nod but was added 10 months later. Anywho. I more recently had the c&p exam for the second appeal. For anyone who has successfully closed an appeal with the Atlanta Va what was your general time line? I haven’t had my informal interview yet but I made sure they have my current information. Or are others waiting just as long/longer than me. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Mawm Some advise. Oceanbound and vetquest are answering a veteran's question that is asked over and over here on Hadit. Every day. If you read a little you don't have to go too far to see the same question. It isn't sarcastic; it is a general term to chill out. Veterans want to know "how long is my decision going to take." It's the VA,  man. Who the hell know when the VA is going to do anything?  Don't fret; do other things but don't obsess with worrying about when your going to get a final response from Big Brother. You got to lighten up. If you can't, then it may be best to not use this sight as you will be more anxious than you already are.

@Mawm Unfortunately dealing with the VA can be very frustrating and waiting for the VA to decide a claim is like watching grass grow. It can be painfully slow and by checking the system daily or sometimes more than once a day just adds to the frustration (I know for sadly I have done that myself). I have NODs go quickly and I have had them go incredibly slow (I currently have one where the dust is piling up on the claim for lack of movement).

Basically is what everyone is saying try to be patient and try to get your mind off of the claim (which is easier said than done).

Good luck with your claim and enjoy the holidays!!!

I am not an attorney or an a credited VA rep. These are my personal opinions and experiences, always remember what worked for me may not work for you.

You as the veteran are your own best advocate and no one knows your disabilities better than you. It is highly recommended that you as the veteran research and verify that any opinion given meets your specific situation.

1 hour ago, GBArmy said:

Mawm Some advise. Oceanbound and vetquest are answering a veteran's question that is asked over and over here on Hadit. Every day. If you read a little you don't have to go too far to see the same question. It isn't sarcastic; it is a general term to chill out. Veterans want to know "how long is my decision going to take." It's the VA,  man. Who the hell know when the VA is going to do anything?  Don't fret; do other things but don't obsess with worrying about when your going to get a final response from Big Brother. You got to lighten up. If you can't, then it may be best to not use this sight as you will be more anxious than you already are.

I get it but it goes without saying is all. I’ve never dealt with an appeal so I was curious about the general timeline. If it’s hurry up and wait like any other compensation coming from the va than ive done it a million times already. Strictly trying to see if this was anything different that’s all. 

• HadIt.com Elder

JUST TO ADD

For some unknown reason or another

Some Veterans are just lucky at the draw and get their Appeal approved sooner than others,  why IDK? '

My thinking is  when they  (Veterans) Appeal they have all their T'sand I's crossed to perfection, they don't have long statements to read  they just get to to point and present the facts/evidence  using the CFR# ,to back them this makes it so much easier for the rater ..because they hate reading long drawn out statements or sad stories , most of the time they stop reading them  ,they go by our evidence that we present to them and stick to the facts/evidence  that proves your claim./claims.

Even with this New AMA system in tact  I can only imagine the claims coming in are stacking up...who's to say or know  when the rater gets these claims for the day  does he grab from them bottom of the stack or the top of the stack or the middle of the stack.we will probably never know.

In the old days the claims were taken in  as they come in ,first come first served basis, but now I think that has stopped completely , as they use to say claims are adjudicated as they come in..that's all out the window now. (jmo)

The new Veterans claim processing center is suppose to speed this process up but I think it actually slows it down compared to the old system  because now they have to decide where to send your claim for proper adjudication and they have to check all across the nation for R.0's that are not that booked up with claims..well this is going to take some time  I think this is the reason they came up with a ''projected Date '' to adjuicate claims..because they them self do not know.  this ''projected date is anyone's guess and it just covers there A**

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Mawm, sorry if I offended, it was not meant to offend.  As I said my NOD is at one year also and I know HolliGreens is at two years.  As I said before I think the VA is punishing us for staying in the legacy appeal process.  My own opinion is that in the legacy appeals Holli's is at the end of the process, I hope.  You never can tell with the VA, my TDIU claim took ten years and two trips to the BVA.

30 minutes ago, vetquest said:

Mawm, sorry if I offended, it was not meant to offend.  As I said my NOD is at one year also and I know HolliGreens is at two years.  As I said before I think the VA is punishing us for staying in the legacy appeal process.  My own opinion is that in the legacy appeals Holli's is at the end of the process, I hope.  You never can tell with the VA, my TDIU claim took ten years and two trips to the BVA.

My apologies for being sensitive lol. It’s really brain racking to have never done something and also having a hard time finding any good info on your issue. Just didn’t want to make it seem like I check bennies every 5 minutes. I feel it’ll come when it’s supposed to. Talked to an ebenefits coordinator and supposedly all I’m waiting on is my informal hearing so we’ll see. Focusing on school until the big yay or nay