Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Pain

Rate this question

chamilton

Question

hello all and Happy Holidays,

I have a active claim for Chronic Pain, I submitted it on Sept 30,2019 and according to ebenfits has a est. completion date of jan 20th 2020.  

My question is who of you have been awarded this claim, I didn't know anything about it my vep rep suggested i do it since i have a 10 yr history of pain and treatments, meds, xray, mri, injections pt ect.

I know they don't have a specific rating code for it and it goes under Mental DIsorder. if you have gotten a award for it what did you receive and do you think it was a fair rating.  My vet rep seems to think this will be no less then 50% . Thank you all.

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrek So how did you do yours? I think there are a lot of veterans who are in the same boat and it would be good to share as much as we are comfortable with in order to help them. I noticed that they are very careful like Alan mentioned to ask your pain level and enter it into the computer. I also noticed that they usually don't ask me where or why; I tell them anyway but don't know if they add that to the file. I'm also thinking like Buck, that they "add" an additional 10%??? or so to cover someone who is in a lot of pain. Maybe they really don't do that.

I have chronic pain from my back and legs, because of the pain it causes depression. I have been SC secondary to my back for depression. As everyone stated above there is no ratings for chronic pain unfortunately. For all my SC disabilities pain is considered as a factor for my disability.

I wish your luck with your claim.

@GBArmy,  pain levels are now required to be included in your medical records, and even though there is no "scale" used at the RO level to include in rating decisions, pain has to be a factor somewhere.

I've seen buddy letters that describe pain as observed by others, and I've seen 100% ratings come from those buddy letters mentioned here.

I agree though that if Shrek has some information on pain as it applies to ratings, I would sure like to know the 411 about it.

Allan 2-2-0 HUAH!

P.S., "pain" for me being stationed in TDC would have being stuck at Camp Hovey! *A little holiday humor*