Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vaccine

Rate this question

ShrekTheTank

Question

• Adminstrator

Even with the vaccine you can still get it and pass it along.  

I got my shot yesterday and my arm hurt for the day and is a bit sore today.  I heard the 2nd shot can be the one that is worse.  Also I cannot believe how efficient the VA is doing these shots.  The nurse said they were going to do a 1000 shots on Saturday.  

Edited by shrekthetank1

• HadIt.com Elder

My wife was not able to get the shot.  Yeah,  I am pretty shocked at how well the VA is doing with the shots.  My arm hurt as well for the day.  Better to have some pain than to die from covid.  Here in Tampa the vaccine is unavailable.  So I get the shot and my wife can't?  What kind of BS is that?  We live together.  If I get it she gets it and vice versa.

• HadIt.com Elder

John999 "what kind of bs is that? You've been on this good earth quite a while. It's the government being the government. Do you expect that it's somehow going to start making sense? I'm in the same boat, as many of us are married to a non-veteran. But it's better if I get the vaccine even if her's is delayed, than for me to not get it. It is some protection. I just saw a prediction from our local doctor who is watching this situation closely, and she predicts for people 65 or older, the next group or tier, will take another 2 months. It's going to be  a long haul.

Had a exposure incident where I was rapid tested but my wife had to drive two hours the next day in another state to get tested as did my 6 and 3 year old.....

6 hours ago, john999 said:

My wife was not able to get the shot.  Yeah,  I am pretty shocked at how well the VA is doing with the shots.  My arm hurt as well for the day.  Better to have some pain than to die from covid.  Here in Tampa the vaccine is unavailable.  So I get the shot and my wife can't?  What kind of BS is that?  We live together.  If I get it she gets it and vice versa.

I haven't had my vaccine yet. It seems that each VAMC is doing it differently. I'm in the Indianapolis area and my VAMC is supposed to be calling veterans when they are eligible to get the vaccine. They are probably following what the state is doing. Right now in Indiana, age 70 and older are eligible and not even people with underlying health conditions are eligible. 

My wife is in the medical field and she got her 2nd vaccine a couple of weeks age but I'm not allowed because I'm not 70 years old or older even though I have underlying health conditions. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Dee

It  is bullshit that you can't get a shot.  My wife can't get one here in Tampa.  I know the VA has their reasons but it is still BS.