VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reasons for BVA to Grant and Deny single issue?

Rate this question

Confusedvet1

Question

Hello,

Years ago I filed a claim for a scar from surgery while in service. They granted the scar at 0% . I appealed it saying it was painful and should be rated at 10%. RO denied it so it went to the BVA who remanded it back to RO because the original exam wasn't proper and the VA didn't review records it had that were pertinent to claim. The BVA remand instructions were to review specific records and do a new exam.

I had a new exam and later received a letter from RO saying they granted me 10% but the effective date was the date of new exam. They said that is the first diagnosis of scar pain even though my records going back years show me complaining of pain which is why I suspect BVA told them to review those records. The RO decision letter stated the only used the new exam as evidence for their decision.

So it went back to the BVA and it seems they made a decision. I'm waiting on the letter but website said they granted my claim and also denied it? 

Any ideas on how this is possible?

I'm hoping it's a grant for earlier effective date and denial of an increase in excess of 10%? Anyone have any ideas on what they would grant and deny same claim?

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess a Firearm is the easy and fastest way out but I Also

had thoughts of SI  and the ways I'd do it  one of my thoughts was to just get in my Pick-up truck and drive 100 mph into another car on the freeway...I start thinking what if there's young children in the other car  babies  ect,,ect,,    that stops my crazy ass  thinking in its tracks.

When I have thoughts like that  and I am driving  I pull over and sit there a while and breath in and out slowly until it calms me down and releases the anxiety I do this a lot.

• HadIt.com Elder

We can all get pretty low sometimes.  Now I am pretty disabled I wonder what I have to live for, but I have a wife who needs me.  I have a brother who needs me.  I want my survivors to have something besides bad memories of me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck Since you try some simple breathing exercises, the VA has a free "Mindfulness" app you can use that might be a useful tool. I use it almost every day. Less than 10 minutes and it might help calm you down. I guarantee it won't hurt. Check it out. You have too much to be thinking SI brother.

• HadIt.com Elder
5 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

Buck Since you try some simple breathing exercises, the VA has a free "Mindfulness" app you can use that might be a useful tool. I use it almost every day. Less than 10 minutes and it might help calm you down. I guarantee it won't hurt. Check it out. You have too much to be thinking SI brother.

Yes GB I do use that Mindfulness App...My therapist had me put an App in my phone called Virtual Hope Box, I get down in the dumps  I can look at that  it also helps calm me down, it has good memories of my kids in it my mom, brothers,& brother in law my spouse  on our wedding day,my Grandpa & father in law  he was like a real Dad to me or the Dad I never had , just all good times that I have had the past 50/60 years....its good to remember them at times.

I may post this same post to another thread so if anyone think that they just read it you will be correct. Here is the thing, when veteran request an EED or file a CUE claim, be forewarned and expect that you may have to file a claim to the BVA and or to the CAVC to get your benefits. Due to the fact that you are asking the VA to payout a nice size retro, the VA is going to make you wait and work for it. As stated, many times, the BVA granted me a 1998 effective date for one of my claims. The local VA tried their best to not to implement that decision and sent my claim back to the BVA thinking that would solve the problem but the BVA kicked it right back saying that the decision was made, and the local VA finally paid a portion of my grant and returned the rest back to the BVA where my claim sit for a decision the  BVA already made.   So, the VA is still up to their old shenanigans' and forcing the veteran into hamster wheels waiting for their benefits. Sometimes all I can say is to get angry enough to try your best to stay healthy and alive to get your benefits.