VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've had great success with corrections to my military records.

Rate this topic

kent101

• HadIt.com Elder

About the only reason they mention was I didn't have enough evidence to make a change...I lost my TDY papers when Ieft Germany and the ones I had before Germany  and the papers/records I had during Germany...I guess they got tossed in the trash when I got home  from my mom to my friends   thinking well he don't need these anymore  ect,,,ect,,, I don't remember what happen to them.  but in my C-file I did have those medical notes from Germany and the Dr sign dated them   517th heavy Equip   company B  We worked in the Motor Pool on the refuge program  that was getting military vehicles  all in good shape  over haul motors to repacking the wheel bearings and  over hauling transmissions/transfer cases and  the M-1 Jeeps and the C-J-5s  I was at tompkins Barracks  schwenningen Germany

I work at the em club across the street  as a beer back  and clean off tables and little of everything  bartender  ect,,ect,,

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is serious about OSA/SLEEP APNEA.

Ask your VA PCP to refer you to the Sleep Clinic...they should give you a sleep study if they can't do it within 20/30days  Ask to get outsourced  and get that sleep study done as soon as possible  they will prescribe you a C-PAP Machine   rather or not you file a claim for it  but you could file a claim secondary to a s,c, disability that you might have.

but most Important  get that machine   pacanmnx1 is correct   this sleep apnea can kill you.

I have it and got a c-pap i use every night  I don't have it service connected but I could s.c. it to my PTSD  but I am 100% plus SMC S  & K no more $$$$ in the pot for me...but I may eventually get it service connected.

7 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Not to scare you but if you do not have a CPAP machine, you should have your PCP put you in a consult for a sleep study ASAP. Sleep Apnea is a silent killer. The individual stops breathing while they sleep and can actually die in their sleep if they do not start breathing again. 

Thanks, I'll look into it soon. I wake up after about 3-4 hours and then do some breathing exercises to oxygenate and go back to sleep 3-4 hours.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

The VA is serious about OSA/SLEEP APNEA.

Ask your VA PCP to refer you to the Sleep Clinic...they should give you a sleep study if they can't do it within 20/30days  Ask to get outsourced  and get that sleep study done as soon as possible  they will prescribe you a C-PAP Machine   rather or not you file a claim for it  but you could file a claim secondary to a s,c, disability that you might have.

but most Important  get that machine   pacanmnx1 is correct   this sleep apnea can kill you.

I have it and got a c-pap i use every night  I don't have it service connected but I could s.c. it to my PTSD  but I am 100% plus SMC S  & K no more $$$$ in the pot for me...but I may eventually get it service connected.

Thanks. I was going to do it years ago and didn't because they made an appointment for me in another county and I lacked transportation at the time. Now I have the transportation I need to do it and will talk to my doctor about it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Kent

14 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Roger that Kent

What they did to me to lose my rank was messed up. I was overseas and got in trouble because this guy in platoon made a stupid decision that got us in trouble with the MPs. He was higher rank than me being and had better rapport with the platoon leaders. What he did is lie about the situation and try to put all the blame on me so he wouldn't get in trouble.

We both were given a JAG lawyer. For a while the guy I got in trouble with was trying to tell me to wait until we got back to the states to get a lawyer and handle it back under our primary unit since we were temporarily assigned to another unit for deployment. I played along with him knowing he was trying to screw me over and kept telling him I'd wait.

Then one day I was able to get some free time and ran off to the JAG lawyer and signed a confession since that meant I'd only get a field grade article 15 instead of possibility of a court martial back in the states. This meant the guy in my platoon was going to get a field grade article 15 too. My platoon leader was upset with me because they wanted to pin the whole mess on me when they could get back to our primary unit and handle me through the old boys club. We both got the field grade article 15, lost our rank and pay.

The thing was I was pressured to confess to something I didn't do because they were threatening to court martial me. Even after all this was over when I got back to the states my platoon sergeant told me they were still thinking about court martial to mess with my head.

I was really afraid they were going to try and harm me if we got into the field to do training after that. Thankfully I managed to get out of the platoon before that since I was being honorably discharged a few months later.

Now here's the irony. The Army records center after decades gave me back that rank and put on my DD215 that I never lost my rank. On top of that I'm getting back pay. That guy who tried to screw me over didn't get his rank back. Now that's justice. It's been a long time in coming. I'm thankful to have lived to see it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use