Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LHI tomorrow

Rate this question

Riplip

Question

Well I have my C&P tomorrow at LHI about my Meniere's claim. Should be an adventure. Going to a place that doesn't specialize in anything close to what I'm being examined for. All the new rating and nightmares I hear from everyone. I have to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to a company that has another office 20 mins from me. I almost just quit the claim and left well enough alone but I think thats what they want. I hope I get a person that listens and reads all my doctors notes. I'll check ebenefits later today to see if I get denied before i even have my examine like last time lol. 

1 hour ago, Vync said:

Don't forget to file a beneficiary travel claim for your mileage, especially given the current fuel prices

Actually, I got my mileage reimbursement from LHI, not the VA, and it came automatically.  Part of the deal.

For the OP, you could have gone to the LHI website and got yourself a login and password and had access to "some" information, like when and where and the examiners name.  But no exam reports, as there is a disclaimer stating, reports are available of your exam from the VA.

LOL,

Carl Bacon

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

20 hours ago, john999 said:

It is a crap shoot.  I had an exam via LHI and it turned out very well for me.  You might get lucky.  LHI is just in it for the money like all of them. I don't think they care about the results of an exam one way or the other.  The worst exams I ever had were done by the VA.  They seem to have a vested interest in low balling vets.

VAMC exams were always my worst too. Some of them there seemed very biased and acted like they were protecting VA's pocketbooks. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Carl is correct. When the contractor submits the results to the RO, they will issue a mileage check. 

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

1 hour ago, Vync said:

Don't forget to file a beneficiary travel claim for your mileage, especially given the current fuel prices

I don't know about LHI, but I recently had an exam through QTC and they automatically sent me a check for mileage.  I had the exam in their office and then they sent me to an office in the same building to have x-rays done. For some reason, they sent me a mileage check for the appointment and another check for the x-ray.  Ooops! 

Thanks everyone. This conversation calms me.

1 hour ago, brokensoldier244th said:

have to travel over an hour to go to a VAMC. There aren't enough VAMC personnel to do all the C&P exams- thats it. Bottom Line Up Front

Stop it the VA still have there comp exam department. Still

It that the VA has contract out exams to these companies.

Matter fact a billion dollars contract.

Have you look at who own qtc.

I give you a min to Google it.