• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEWS - HadIt.com - Update HadIt.com To Remain Open

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

NEW!!! HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran To Remain Open

A group of volunteers has stepped up to keep HadIt.com up and running. We need more volunteers and we would love your input on the future. Join us at one of the following Zoom Meetings to be a part of the conversation.

Dec 17, 2022 14:00 MST

Jan 7, 2023  14:00 MST

Jan 14, 2023 14:00 MST

Wow I've been on this site since the start, ( under different user names) remember I was the over active monitor that you fired. I guess in my early days I though I could see a fraud a mile away, maybe I could maybe I couldn't.  Anyway, I have mellowed out over the years. I am sorry to see the site close. I haven't used it much lately because of my ongoing medical issues, and I just got over Covid as well. I hope in some small way I helped those who had questions. I know there were times when I received ahswers. I had even worked for the DAV back in 1999 when I retired from civil service, I still don't have all the answers. There will always be low-lifes out there willing to do anything to destry people and things that are good.  May God Bless you in your retirement.

• Founder
8 hours ago, Lemuel said:

If necessary, we can go that way.  Join the Zoom meeting Saturday to discuss.  If you have an idea and mode, bring it to the meeting.

Any legal beagles who want to volunteer we would appreciate your participation. Lawyers PM with questions if interested in helping.

• HadIt.com Elder
42 minutes ago, Dustoff1970 said:

Maybe you can stay active on FB and Twitter.  You are free to post on my FB page called Veterans Information Journal.  Maybe we can juice it up until you find another arrangement.  I will now allow posting on the VIJ FB page. You and I can be the moderators only.

Please watch for the link and show up on Saturday.  Link will post tomorrow and Saturday morning.  Tbird will lead the discussion on Zoom for the next step from her retirement.

13 minutes ago, Whodat said:

This is some sad news. I have met lots of good people here.  This is bad. 

Please watch for the link and show up on Saturday.  Link will post tomorrow and Saturday morning.  Tbird will lead the discussion on Zoom for the next step from her retirement.

Idea - We can create a subreddit on the website Reddit. Currently for some reason reddit.com/r/hadit is banned for being unmoderated, but we can easily create a forum called HaditOfficial or something with a similar name. *Many* subreddits have over a million members. The benefit of moving to Reddit is no server admin costs, no worries about DDOSing, etc... We would only require moderators to ensure that the Reddit site rules aren't broken. Reddit is also 100% free to use.

Here is an example military subreddit- https://www.reddit.com/r/army/ - it currently has 282,000 members with zero overhead costs to the moderators or anybody else, and all the protections afforded by a super-powerful website. With permission from the moderators /r/army, /r/marines, etc... We might be able to "advertise" our subreddit on their subreddits as a place for those who have had it with the VA.

After creating the subreddit we can copy and paste large amount of information over to it to get everything started, and invite everyone to switch to Reddit. At a minimum this would let us preserve the information from this website.

I think switching to Reddit would be the best move for our community.

Okay, so I've gone ahead and created https://www.reddit.com/r/HaditOfficial I wanted to snag it before any haters can. I'm currently the moderator of the subreddit, and I can help a little bit with getting it set up, but I look forward to handing over mod responsibilities to someone who is basically an encyclopedia of information on Veteran's benefits.

TBird you are the obvious choice to take over the sub, I think you would find Reddit super easy to use compared to programming a huge website in HTML. If you don't want all the responsibility anymore that's also fine, just let me know the users from here to give mod authority to. I've gone ahead and created the username TBirdOfficial for you, thankfully it wasn't taken. Currently it's tied to one of my e-mail addresses but I can give you the password and you can log in on Reddit and change your default e-mail address and password and take over the account. I think it will look good to have TBirdOfficial as a moderator. Also, if you would like me to delete the subreddit just ask.

My username on reddit is KajikiaAudax. You will see me listed as a Moderator on the lower-right hand side of the subreddit.

Sorry to be jumping the gun on this but once someone takes a subreddit name, at least as of now, it's theirs for life, so I wanted to get us the best names possible.

Edited by hemipepsis5p
added https:// so the HaditOfficial reddit link will work