Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

War on Veterans Affairs + Neurological damages

http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/waronVA1.htm

Kelley

War on the VA?

We have tried everything in the world we could to get the media to report what CNN found and actually reported. I thank them for that.

Wrong doing by the VACEH, the ridiculous conclusions by IOM, and even the fatally flawed government contracted scientific studies themselves; all to no avail. The media itself seems to be scared to death of the truth and the facts.

CNN stepped up when other cable outlets such as FOX did not and will not. Lord knows you and I have sent them plenty of ammo that has fallen on deaf ears going back over 40 years.

Moreover, we must include our congress in this lack of hearing and responding to what it is that is really going on within the VA. Many of them refuse to address their own constituents when they point out the very similar issues of subjectivity, unchallengeable, and this thing about response time to claims is a joke.

CNN repeated the VA propaganda and we all know none of it is factual. As we know, even on straightforward issues 18 months to two years is not out of the ordinary and then appeal it can be as long as VA wants. Oh and lets not forget the avenging angel part of VA. When VA officials can actually state, “you (the specific Veteran) will die before you get any benefits approved.” (Germany circa 1939)

Before I forget, the GA state folks told me when I finally found out about them and asked for some help. They concluded for Veterans; do not ever let you claim get out of the local area in into DC. DC and that protracted illegal process can take as long as they want and the state cannot help you. It is obvious our state will help and the state VA seems to be able to make someone responsible. I have asked mine to either be resolved immediately or sent back. They tell me they are going to do now what VA Atlanta said they did and that took four years. Now I find I cannot make that happen. When I went over the top VA gave me Clonazepam. VA wants drugged up happy Veterans.

In other words, the state VA told me not do what the VSO’s and the VA said to do in the next step of the protracted process that never ends. DC VA is perpetual while Veterans have a limited life span of which our government counts on.

Probably not what the founding fathers considered as an appropriate response. Yet, our government allows this type of behavior against Veterans to go on and on.

Other media, broadcast and print, seemed to be reluctant to even address the issues. Maybe because they know more than we do. Even the media cannot help in this issue of a run away federal agency that has powers beyond belief in what is supposed is supposed to be a Republic with a democratic society with at least a semblance of separation of powers. VA and DoD there is none.

If everyone saw that CNN special and did not find the VA officials just full of themselves with self protected arrogance, (we will do what and how we want and there is nothing you can do about it; and we answer to no one) then I would suggest you were not listening. A firing seemed to be in order.

The examples that CNN gave were not just random like gee, we found three isolated cases of wrongful actions. This goes on constantly, continuously, and with great VA aggression against the Veteran. When the VA rater will not even allow his signature to go out on correspondence that is not just a mistake but either someone who was afraid of criminal prosecution or losing their job because they were directed to sign such VA BS directed against the Veteran then that becomes fraud or even worse in a real court of law.

Shrapnel from IED wounds not service connected? What rating idiot in their right mind would sign such a VA decision that cannot possibly consider the human beings ability to rationalize using common sense.

A veteran is diagnosed with traumatic brain injury and never told. How can that even be medically and morally acceptable, regardless of VA aggressions against the Veteran? In other segments of society can that happen and even be legal for a medical doctor not to tell the victim or patient?

Again, this is not some isolated incident of medical issues being overridden by the cost. Intentional misrepresentation of the facts to deny compensations is the only way to describe these actions.

As I was watching the CNN special, two things kept coming back to me.

The way our government reacted to the replacement of 7 or 8 Attorney Generals that are appointed not hired was one of them. The hearings on “possible wrongdoings” based on White House politics and those Attorney Generals that were replaced. Christ those hearings in oversight and judiciary on CSPAN went on forever.

Yet for Veterans, for far more egregious actions by a White House directed federal agency there is not even a peep. Even the created subjectivity of VA operations and processes that leaves wiggle room for lies, deceit, fraudulent actions and commands, and corruption are never questioned. Never questioned to the point of bringing in those making such either mistakes or directed actions under oath and finding out how the absence of common sense in a VA official or rating officer is a promotional plus. Alternatively, how can the rating officer deny the laws of physics?

The other was the two Border Patrol agents that are in prison based on testimony of a drug smuggler given immunity. Even before the trial commenced, this guy had made another run and was caught smuggling drugs. I guess he figured he had immunity from any crime. Now we hear the jury was never told and recently they caught him once again smuggling drugs.

Not that I am surprised at this sacrificial lamb prosecution of two border patrol agents. If this government will do it to Veterans then as I suggested before what segment is next. Looks like the border patrol are high on that list of next; of we can do anything we want.

What really stuck in my mind was the gal subbing on Fox News when she asked the congressman that was on there, when this latest revelation came out about this protected witness being caught once again and the jury was never told about the interim before the trial capture. Her statement to the congressman was, after hearing all of this, “Who in their right mind would sign up to become a Border Patrol Agent.”

It is getting to that same point to our military if it keeps going the way congress is allowing the Executive Branch/VA/and DoD to operate. The word is getting out even without media help.

I have to ask after hearing all of this, “Who in their right mind would sign up to join the military given they know everything the government uses against them?” Moreover, their worst enemy is our own government, not the enemy on the battlefield.

Congressman Filner asked for more patience in allowing them to get something done. I think it is past time for some criminal investigations into the VA and VA raters and employees. It is time to put these folks under oath and find out how and why and who told them to do what. For that I am out of patience as we all should be. I now want my pound of flesh!

28 million Veterans and their families and their treatment by a federal agency is at least equal to or greater than 7 or 8 appointed Attorney Generals who were not harmed other than being replaced in their appointed federal jobs. Appointed jobs that they knew at some point in time would go away, regardless of reasons.

It is time to spend months on CSPAN with congress with VA employees, not some political appointees, and get to the bottom of this treatment, subjectivity, and what must be considered fraud.

________________________________________________________________________________

________

Enlistment bonus paybacks for wounded soldiers

I just do not get it. This nation no longer deserves a military.

On FOX they reported a soldier was given a dun notice for $5,000 dollars to pay back on his enlistment bonus because he was wounded and could no longer finish out his enlistment. They reduced that in half by taking his unused leave that he had earned.

Now for us old guys, under a different military, I guess we have no say so in what someone signs up for. However, I think most of us know the military is not very forthcoming in the gotcha’s. Therefore, I hope at least the enlistment folks and the retention NCOs are making this clear to those that are signing up.

If not, then if Bush has a hair on his butt he ought to go over to the Pentagon and tell those folks NO MORE of this BS! If I were he and in that position while I was there I would personally fire Dr. David Chu.

Then go over to the VA building, walk in, and say the same thing NO MORE of this BS! That is if the President can actually walk into the VA building, as it seem disabled Veterans are not allowed. I wonder if congress and their staffers even have that right.

FOX in contacting the pentagon, the pentagon said this was an isolated mistake. BS

Yet, other reports such as:

http://kdka.com/local/military.signing.bonuses.2.571660.html out of Pittsburgh report that thousands of wounded are being asked to payback enlistment bonuses. Again, I smell Dr. David Chu in this miscarriage of justice.

________________________________________________________________________________

________

One of the groups that I meet while in DC was “Military Spouses for Change” headed up by Ms Carissa Picard.

She is trying to get all the presidential candidates in an open Veterans forum in February close to Ft Hood, Texas.

Link from Austin, Texas is located at:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/electio...amp;ArID=195555

Of course, these honorable folks (cough) only care about the union vote, black vote, Hispanic vote (legal or illegal it matters not), religious group votes, abortion right votes, etc.

The military vote, the military family vote, and the despicable treatment of that segment of society does not even equate to a scratch on their assistant’s ass. Only the uttered words we support our military seemed to be what they consider could enough as if that is good enough to placate the “state department assessments” of the dumb military masses.

Yes and there is a lot of that going on in the house and the senate as well; with very few exceptions, you could probable count on two hands.

I wish Ms Picard luck and will help in anyway I can. Nevertheless, I doubt that any candidate for this nation wants to hear from Veterans, their families, and the VA/DoD horror stories. Many of them going on for forty plus years now.

________

I did want to add here an article sent in by Marine Paul Sutton on neurological damage study.

Although I think Vietnam Veterans had just a tad bit more than pollen contamination.

www.msrc.co.uk : Pesticides and Multiple Sclerosis

RESEARCH SUGGESTS LINK BETWEEN PESTICIDES AND BRAIN DISEASE

Researchers at the University of North Dakota say preliminary research shows a link between pesticide exposure and neurological diseases like Parkinson and Alzheimer’s. Researchers say they've also identified a surprisingly efficient way pesticides may get into the human body.

Researchers at the University of North Dakota are quick to point out these are preliminary results -- covering one year of a planned four-year study. But Dr. Patrick Carr says there's clear evidence pesticide exposure at relatively low doses affect brain cells. "Some areas of the brain displayed what I would call physical changes -- in other words, a loss of neurons in particular regions of the brain," says Carr. "In other regions of the brain you wouldn't notice a change in the number of cells present there, but now the cells that are present there are expressing chemicals in different amounts, compared to normal rats."

As an example, Carr found cells responsible for production of a substance called myelin were damaged or destroyed. Myelin is a substance made up of fats and proteins that encloses nerves. It helps transmit signals along the nerves. Loss of myelin causes nerve damage in neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis.

Researchers studied six common pesticides. Carr says some rats were given a single large dose, while others were injected with small doses over a nine-month period. "It's hard to then correlate that to what the average person that's working with pesticides would be exposed to," says Carr. "We're not at that position yet, where we can say this is comparable to what these people working with pesticides, short term or long term, are exposed to."

Dr. Carr hopes to have his results completely analyzed by next spring. Gerald Groenwald, director of energy and environmental research, says there's clearly a need to continue and expand the research. "What this research says is that we have started to open some doors and shine some light in a very objective fashion, a very comprehensive fashion, on this group of questions," says Groenwald. "And it says, more than ever, that this research is extremely important not only here in the Red River Valley, but basically globally."

Groenwald says other researchers are also looking at ways people are exposed to pesticides. He says people commonly think of being exposed to pesticides through contaminated water or food. But he believes the most efficient means of exposure is through tiny airborne particles of pollen.

Groenwald says some beneficial drugs are delivered as tiny particles, which are inhaled deep into the lungs.

He says researchers found tiny bits of pollen carried on the wind carry with them a load of pesticide. "Frankly, if there is a link between pesticides and these diseases, I think the very fine pollen is the transport mechanism, and is in some cases you might say the smoking gun," he says. Groenwald says because there are relatively few competing airborne pollutants in the Red River Valley, it's a perfect place to study airborne pesticide pollution.

Groenwald hopes to continue and expand the study over the next three years, depending on how much funding the research receives.

Now my failure study years ago based on what was found in interlukin testing demonstrates a connection to damaged dendritic cells that communicate with 100's of thousands of cells. I do not think Veterans or their spouses care if it is on the transmitter side or receptor side of cell communications or both. Yet, according to IOM and the VA cronies stress caused on these damages. We know that COPD is associated to these dioxins and such and yet once again we see recently stress is reason for the causation by those that are supposed to be research scientists.

Also note the reference to damaged/destroyed myelin matter which again we have said that years ago and is now proven in biopsies of myelin destruction. This has nothing to do with a diabetes involvement. Maybe in conjunction with but certainly not not the primary cause in these painful and debilitating neurological disorders. What is first recognized or even misdiagnosed as PN eventuality becomes MS in many cases.

SOURCE: http://www.2ndbattalion94thartillery.com/Chas/waronVA1.htm

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan:

Wow!!

I am impressed by the details in your post.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Something is badly amiss with the VA. I fill I am at there mercy. Why are things going so wrong. I am almost 40 years old and have seen more go wrong with the VA in the last 3 or 4 years then in the last 20. Not, here and there or 2 or 3 bad horror stories I mean in epic proportions. I believe bad days are among us. There can't be this much accidentally going wrong with the VA and the Government does nothing except seal off the stories with $ and excuses no action what so ever, just words. Those that are not in the VA system or rated are so screwed for years. I wouldn't serve right now for nothing, I mean nothing. It is way worse the when I entered my self. The stories I see, hear and read about now aday's is at a level I have never seen. I mean its every where every place every channel its a wonder we have a military, CAN YOU SAY DRAFT? RC

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."