Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

National Personal Records Center

Rate this question

majrrich

Question

Anyone know why they are contacting the NPRC now. Put in for IU July 2007 responeded to the duty to assist letter Jan 2008. Today after calling the 800 # the operator said on May 30 they

sent a request to the National Personnel records Center for my Records. I have been 70% PTSD since Feb 2007 and 20% DMII.

Any information would be helpful

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why did the #800 person tell you that they were requesting records from St. Louis on May 30th?

or

Why would they be requesting records from NPRC on May 30th?

Well, ya see, it's like this.

1. They "lost" your records, thereby causing them to have to "request" your records again.

That means that they can screw around with you for, oh, say, another 6 months.

2. They found out that they have been using Benny Winemaker's records instead of yours.

3. All the #800 people were told that that was the "Answer For Today".

See, every morning, whoever comes in early to make the coffee is also tasked with writing on the Big Black Chalk Board, where all the kids can see it, the "Answer For Today". Then all the kids at the #800 have to keep repeating the "Answer For Today".........until tomorrow, when it will be someone else's turn to make coffee and put the Big Answer on The Big Black Board. I do NOT know who gets to "dust the erasers".....but I always thought that was a primo assignment when I was in 2nd grade.

I do so hope that I have been some help in enlightening you as to how the VA operates....... B)

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA "lost" my DD214, but I fooled them because I had a couple of certified copies and I got them a copy. I have been SC for 37 years and they claimed no DD214. I had another copy in my C-File. They were just too lazy to look in my file.

They said they needed documents to prove my last day at work. I had the official documents to prove my last day at work. If they had had to request this stuff it would have taken years. They tried to say I had never been to Vietnam, but my DD214 said Vietnam right on the form. That is when they tried to deny my AO claim at first. They made the extra effort to deny. I was just at the VARO every week for months with documents and requests. I have a DRO Hearing July 3, 2008.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

There worse nightmare a Veteran who is on top of it. I have a burn proof safety deposit box in my home with all my VA records in it.

Before I did that I had a back pack I kept close to the door to take out if there was a fire and to keep them together.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

But would his records even BE at the National Record Center? Is still think it is horrid that the Record Center sends the orginals to the VA, as much as they lose things. We tried to get copies of my husband's records from the NRC - and got a response that the were in the possession of the VA.

Free

Why did the #800 person tell you that they were requesting records from St. Louis on May 30th?

or

Why would they be requesting records from NPRC on May 30th?

Well, ya see, it's like this.

1. They "lost" your records, thereby causing them to have to "request" your records again.

2. They found out that they have been using Benny Winemaker's records instead of yours.

3. All the #800 people were told that that was the "Answer For Today".

See, every morning, whoever comes in early to make the coffee is also tasked with writing on the Big Black Chalk Board, where all the kids can see it, the "Answer For Today". Then all the kids at the #800 have to keep repeating the "Answer For Today".........until tomorrow, when it will be someone else's turn to make coffee and put the Big Answer on The Big Black Board. I do NOT know who gets to "dust the erasers".....but I always thought that was a primo assignment when I was in 2nd grade.

I do so hope that I have been some help in enlightening you as to how the VA operates....... B)

Think Outside the Box!

• HadIt.com Elder

Free,

The VA, just my opinion, are stupid.

They didn't ask for my " Psychiatric Records or my " Personnel

Records".

When I went for my first C&P, Dr. Muller ask me, " Why do I have

copies of your " Psychiatric Records" and not the " Originals".

The R.O was so sure he wouldn't locate my hidden medical

records from 1965 - 1979, they didn't bother to send for the

originals.

My Personnel Records still were never acquired by the VA until I went

to the BVA and remanded to the AMC.

The AMC lost the Personnel Records twice. I called one morning

and the Supervisor came on the telephone and told me my

Personnel Records were now lost in the Archives. I ask if she would

like for me to fax her a copy. She said, " You mean you have a copy"?

I said, sure I do.

She said they would have to be approved by the BVA to be the real

McCoy, and they were approved by the BVA. The AMC then used the copy

that I sent to them.

Things have a way of getting lost very fast.

I have had to buy a second fire proof lock box now for all

of my VA papers.

Always,

Betty

But would his records even BE at the National Record Center? Is still think it is horrid that the Record Center sends the orginals to the VA, as much as they lose things. We tried to get copies of my husband's records from the NRC - and got a response that the were in the possession of the VA.

Free

Let me get this . You are saying that if the records were previously sent to the VA that the National Records center wont have them. Sooo if the VA is requesting them they dont have them either

How could it be possible that I received a rating of 70% PTSD and 20% DMII from the VA and they dont have my military records????

This is insane!!!!