Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

I Am So Freakin' Mad Right Now!

Rate this question

Money Mike

Question

So, i have been documenting nearly every ache and pain for the past 8 years so that i would have some ammo for the VA when i got out. and i just went to get all of my medical records (that i have never seen, to make copies of) and 4 years worth is missing!!!!!!! i have all kind of things in my records stating a HX of cluster headaches, IBS, PFS, tendonitis, MRSA, Chronic Pilonidal, 9x Acute Bronchitis, Gout, Tinnitus, etc. etc. etc...... but none of the actual doctors visits in which i was diagnosed with these things is in there. I also have bone scans and xrays that say thing like "possible arthritis in several joints in the hands and wrist, possible trauma to the shins, possible fractures in both wrists re-evaluate", BUT I WAS NEVER RE-EVALUATED OR DIAGNOSED WITH ANYTHING!!!!!! I am so pissed off right now, and my timeframe for BDD is very quikly slipping through my fingers!!!!! I know that there is nothing that you guys can do, i just needed to get this off my chest.

Thanks for listening,

Mike

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been trying to warn Veterans for yrs and yrs to get copies of your medical treatment and hospital records while you are in service.

Once you leave service it is highly likely primary evidence you need to prove service connection to anything, will hit the shredder. They've been doing it for decades.

All service members still serving get those records or pay the price of snoozing. Do not trust that they will be there when you need them.

They want to make sure you give all you can to pay for the cost of war before you leave service. We can't expect companies like Haliburton to loose any profits, can we?

• HadIt.com Elder

if you are still in and have not been discharged yet I would bring up all of your issues with a visit to a base hospital ER or your unit clinic etc whatever you have to do in order to get it documented if you are still in I would also get the address of every hospital you ever had x rays or MRIs or any other lab work done in and start writing for copies of them most of those records will still be in their file rooms

you will have a hard time tracking down the treating docs now but maybe some of the lab work will have their names on it if you can find them

forgive my stupidity but I have been off active duty for decades now I thought everything was on CD disks now so how do they account for losing 4 years of your records? I use to copy my paper files back in the 70s every chance I had because it wasn't often they would even let enlisted people touch their own records I used to work in a S1 and we had copy machines but even then it was hard to get your hands on your 201 file and medical files they didn't want to give you the chance to make stuff disappear like article 15s, and other derogatory papers or insert "good stuff" that was created on a typewriter

times have changed but it seems like the military still knows how to lose stuff.....get what you can documented before you leave active duty

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

thanks guys, supposedly, they are trying to track them down, but the guys behind the desk didn't seen very confident!!!, now i am going to have to go to sick call everyday, just to get MOST of my stuff annotated. Hopefully, i can try and remember everything! I wish that i had copies!!! i always wanted to get my hands on them to do that, but i never even saw them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Today on Myhealthevet I used the blue button and downloaded 291 Text Pages of help records which included every time they asked me for my pain level and recorded it.

They have the records you need to ask Release of Information for copies.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Mike,

You're not stupid for not having copies of that stuff; who would have thunk that would be necessary?

It never even occurred to me while I was in that my records wouldn't be safe.

Make sure to mention all that stuff in your separation physical if you haven't already had it.

And hang in there! :smile:

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember going to an army dentist due to miserable pain in my jaw. He said you have TMJ. We will have to operate but you may end up with two bolts in your neck like Frankenstein. This is true. I said "well, let's wait". Years later when I tried to file a claim the dentist had just written in my chart "examination" but no DX. Who would think a doctor would not DX such a condition? He did that because he knew I was on a levy for Vietnam. He did not want anything to stop my trip to the south seas. My claim failed because my records were "silent" on TMJ. I got it after being struck in the face duing basic training when we wailed at each other with those pugle sticks.