VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase Rating

Rate this question

juljada61

Question

Hello all,

I hope I am posting in the write topic area. I served in Iraq 2004-2005, I am currently 30% for PTSD 10% for Hypertension. Awarded PTSD 30% in 2008. I applied for an increase in rating, felt I was low balled and in addition, suffer from anxiety, insomnia, the whole nine yards. In 2008 my C&P exam reads as follows: Impression: The veteran's symptoms meets DSM-IV criteria for PSTD.

AXIS I - PTSD - chronic Depressive Disorder NOS, representing a progression of PTSD

AXIS II - No diagnosis

AXIS III -As Noted Above

AXIS IV - Current GAF 44, reflecting (symptoms of PTSD) re-experiencing symptoms, insomnia, impaired concentration, lack of interest and motivation, time off from work, emotional distancing from

family, irritability and (symptoms of Depressive Disorder NOS) frequently depressed mood, passive suicidal ideation. GAF of 41 to 46 in the past year.

Competency: It is recommend that this veteran be rated as competent for VA purposes. She is capable of managing benefits in her own best interests.

Other Opinion: (State why not ascertainable on exam) The veteran's PTSD is at least as likely as not due to (among other) the events stated in the "response text"

Effect of the Mental Disorder on Occupational and Social Functioning: There is reduced reliability and productivity due to PTSD signs & Symptoms.

My C&P Exam conducted on March 17, 2011 for increase reads as follows:

Remissions & capacity for adjustment since last examination:

She reports moderate to severe symptoms on a daily basis without remission since her last examination, she also reports occasional exacerbations (e.g. when she attacked her husband physically)

Effects of PTSD on Occupational and Social Functioning: There is a reduced reliability and productivity due to PTSD signs and symptoms> She had missed more than two week of work as a result of her PTSD symptoms in the last 12 months, attacked her husband physically, and rejects most social contacts.

AXIS I - PTSD CHRONIC

AXIS II - No diagnosis

AXIS III - As noted above

AXIS IV - Routine psychosocial problems

AXIS V - Current GAF 43, GAF OF 41 to 47 in the past year

COMPETENCY:

It is recommended that this veteran be rated as competent for VA purposes, she is capable of managing benefits in her own interests.

I would like to know if you think I will be given an increase may be 50% based on last C&P exam.

Mel

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet