Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need To Vent

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

It's been 2 years and 7 months since my attorney, Kenn Carpenter, had a DRO hearing with no decision and no c&p in sight. The original hearing DRO retired in December, a new DRO has the claim as of last month. This is maddening!

Attorney is reviewing my case tomorrow. Writ of mandamus is what I want but he is saying that to write one involves a lot of work.

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I can understand your fustration since this has been ongoing for 31 months!

The "bright side" is you do have an attorney who is familiar with your claim, although the original DRO retired; hang in there and hopefully you will here from the new DRO soonest.

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ken Carpenter is the best out there now in my opinion. I think that the problem may have been the old DRO.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have a lawyer on my case. I lost at the DRO. I lost at the BVA and now I am at the Court of Vet Appeals. It has been five years. Even Perry Mason cannot get the VA to do the right thing until you get to a venue that has the power to make the VA obey the law. Even then they can drag their feet because you get a remand. I think you are in good hands with Ken Carpenter from what I hear. Time is the weapon the VA uses to beat you down and defeat you.

I have a lawyer on my case. I lost at the DRO. I lost at the BVA and now I am at the Court of Vet Appeals. It has been five years. Even Perry Mason cannot get the VA to do the right thing until you get to a venue that has the power to make the VA obey the law. Even then they can drag their feet because you get a remand. I think you are in good hands with Ken Carpenter from what I hear. Time is the weapon the VA uses to beat you down and defeat you.

Mine has been 3 years at the DRO level. I wish I had gone to the BVA instead of the DRO route, at least the people at the BVA read the file.

Paul

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• HadIt.com Elder

Tell him to file the writ. Tell him you want action and they are wasting your time. Who cares about the difficulty. Tell him to get it done or you will get someone that will. He still represents you.

You have waited that long and no DRO decision. I would be jumping up and down on someones desk.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.