Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim Status

Rate this question

SSGmajik

Question

My TDIU claim status is currently at "preparation for decision" & has been in that status since 05/2011! I filed my claim in 10/2010. I don't understand how the VA can take so long on a claim like this knowing a veteran can no longer work! It does not make sense to me & I know the VA never makes sense on anything they do, but they try to publicly say they're trying to improve the claims process & help our veterans receive the benefits they deserve, but that's all BS! Is there anything I can do since my claim is almost 15 months old? I'm only 33 & have a wife & son that I feel I have let down. Any help, comment, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you to all who are serving or have served our great country!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Hey, I filed my claim in 2008, got denied without a C&P, just had my 1st one in Oct. 2011, Their doc put me at a 45 GAF, a direct result of combat stressors. So I'm figuring 70 % I've been waiting on the rating since November, I get evicted in 2 days. These people don't care, they have vacations to go on brother.

SSGmajik, maybe do some iris inquiry about whats going on or maybe even contact your senator for help. I tried both sometime it helps a lot

sometime it don't. I did iris a lot until they got tired of me or seem so and then i contact my senator & it also help it did get moving again.Good luck

1325304770' post=267543]

Hey, I filed my claim in 2008, got denied without a C&P, just had my 1st one in Oct. 2011, Their doc put me at a 45 GAF, a direct result of combat stressors. So I'm figuring 70 % I've been waiting on the rating since November, I get evicted in 2 days. These people don't care, they have vacations to go on brother.

That's ridiculous! I hope your landlord will be able to give you a little more time. I'll keep you in my prayers brother & I hope you get some good news soon!

1325305629' post=267547]

SSGmajik, maybe do some iris inquiry about whats going on or maybe even contact your senator for help. I tried both sometime it helps a lot

sometime it don't. I did iris a lot until they got tired of me or seem so and then i contact my senator & it also help it did get moving again.Good luck

I had my senator send a congressional inquiry & all they got is a status reply. I have sent 2 iris inquiries & was told my claim was being worked etc. I also called and asked for someone to call me & give a status as to why it's taking so long & to give them 7 business days to call. After the 7 days passed I called & asked why no one has called & I was told I need to wait 30 days before they would assign a "coach" if no one has called by then. Well, that's in 3 days & I will be calling on the 3rd! I'm sure they'll give me some line of bs & they'll make up some other reason why I have to give more time. It's nice they can make up rules as they go to benefit them while they leave us hanging! They don't care if we have a family, mortgage, rent, bills, etc....

1325308035' post=267550]

I also called and asked for someone to call me .Do this through iris and someone will call you & this is

how i got them to call also it will be in the records.

I have an inquiry number, would that still be in the records the same as through iris?