VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo & Dr Bash

Rate this question

TexasCop

Question

Hello everyone, just wanted to share something I learn about Dr Bash today i got a call from him about I need an medical

opinion to help establish an early effective date of IU and that he can help with this for a lot less than the what the attorney

is charging if we win about 45 grand different. He even said he & his assistant would represent me at hearing & BVA if necessary no

extra charge. He is really a nice guy my first time speaking with him took about an hour. He says I don't need a lawyer he will help me

with everything the IMO & be at hearing he and his assistant must be an advocate. I have read good and bad but I was impress with

him he also email me some of his opinions he has written looks good. Question? for those who have use him were you satisfied with his

work & do you think he can help me ?. One more can you drop an attorney and will you have to pay him anything? Thanks a lot

My IMOs cost 2 thousand each, from Dr. Bash in 2005 and 2006.

I know the fee might well have been much higher, but I had prepared the claim and the evidence,with a cover letter to him, that detailed everything he needed to know.

The claim was a first of it's kind. I had succeeded in FTCA, Section 1151 awards for the VA's cause of my husband's death due to malpractice.

Years later in 2002 , my daughter, in the Military ,kept telling me she thought dad had also been misdiagnosed with diabetes mellitus, that had gone onto the VA Agent Orange presumptive list.

She bugged me every time she was able to call home, to re open my claim.Finally in 2003 I reviewed my husband;'s medical records, and his autopsy again, with a different point of view than the older DIC claim had.

My daughter was Right!

I filed in 2003 and sent Dr. Bash,in 2005, the same evidence I reopened the claim with. I studied everything I could on the internet and in medical texts on diabetes mellitus and found he had been symptomatic of DMII , even evidenced in his eye exams and dental exams as well as within the other evidence I used to prove wrongful death due to undiagnosed and untreated heart disease.(MRI, etc etc)

My point here is I did Plenty of medical legwork in the 2 years prior to my contacting Dr. Bash.

It was a claim of additional malpractice but could not be filed under FTCA or 1151.

I won the FTCA case without any IMO or lawyer and I had the full pervue of all of that evidence with which I proved prime facie malpractice.

So Dr. Bash already had significant evidence in my case, that VA had already malpracticed on my husband's IHD , CVA, and his HBP so it sure was 'more then likely' they malpracticed on my husband's DMII from AO too.

My point is that I feel my fees with Dr. Bash would have been much higher,had I not won the previous FTCA/.1151 awards already and if I had not done the extensive research to develop the 2003 DMII claim..

I believe his fees are based on the time element as well as what evidence is available in the medical records, and what additional evidence can be found.

Another cardio doctor from a forensic medical firm charged me,in 2009, only $1750 for his IMO, but I won this claim at the BVA before the doctor had even done the IMO, based on the 2 IMOs from Dr BAsh, the email IMO, and other very significant evidence I had sent to the BVA.

The forensic firm refunded me about 900 back,since I didnt even need this 4th opinion.

It is difficult however to compare IMO fees because they depend on many factors.

• HadIt.com Elder

The bottom line. You get what you pay for. The most important thing to any claim is the quality of the medical rationale. Most Doctors just don't put the time into it so it will satisfy the VA folks.

That is the real issue.

J

Why are different people charged different fees Jbasser? Its not like he looks at everything then makes a determination on the fee. He usually tells you a fee up front. I am not bashing Dr. Bash nor his fees but just wondering how he comes up with a fee. I am thinking off the top of his head while he is talking with you on the phone.

Again I have seen one doctor who also does IMOs here in Florida charge my friend $500 but he wanted to charge me $3k but I decided after reading my friend's IMO that Dr. Bash was the better person because the other Doctor didn't even quote one single thing out of any medical journals. He just did a timeline of events from the in service injury to current. Don't get me wrong my friend won his claims with that IMO. But I am just wondering how he comes up with his pricing...

Also does the fees include a trip to the BVA level if need be for everyone? This one is something need to know for I have an IMO with him and my claims are about to be decided at the RO...

Edited by rpowell01

As a long time reader and forum member I would like to chime in. I too have used Dr.Bash and I must say rpowell01 you do in fact get what you pay for. Once I started using Dr.Bash my claim jumped from 30 % to my current 80 % in a matter of 6 months and I am hopeful 100 % which I will know the results in the next 60 days. In my own personal opinion he's worth every cent. He's helped several of my friends also Good luck with your claims my friend.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use