Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Jurisdiction For Scheduling C&p's

Rate this question

shakeyswife

Question

When a claim is farmed out, which VARO has the responsibility in requesting the C&P exams? Home or Away?

My husband has had two C&P's by QTC and the heading of the letter to schedule these exams were from Washington. He still has deferred claims in which a C&P needs to be scheduled. The temporary office of jurisdiction is Denver and our VARO is Winston/Salem. A request was for an exam was put in on December 18, when the rating decision was also made for hearing and tinnitus. An inquiry to IRIS only tells me to be patient and they were waiting for the medical facility, well we know that was BS, because we called QTC and the C&P office and they had not received any info to schedule an appointment. So back to the inquiry and correct them on this then they ask us to be patient for them to put in a request for the exam.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by shakeyswife

Got an answer. The exam request was sent from Denver to Winston/Salem.

Do all c&p exam requests in the end need to come from Washington? ie as stated on the letter when they scheduled the c&p's for QTC to complete.

all depends on what type of claim he submitted when he got out. Could of been a BDD, Quick Start, Fully Developed Claim or sent in as a normal claim. They all have their own requirements.

When a claim is being reviewed (normally during the development phase) the reviewer(s) will determine what disabilities need to be further evaluated and/or examined. They then send the request to the C/P examiner or the QTC. Once they receive the request, they then schedule the appointments.

I found that if I ask for specific details in my IRIS they tend to give you a more accurate and detailed answer. Sometimes it may take 2-3 replies to their original IRIS answer but in the long run, I've been more successful at getting a personal answer rather than the "cut & paste" versions of what they try to dismiss our question with.

Stay on them until you get a satisfactory answer. That's thy the IRIS is there.

LC

"I ADVISE & ENJOIN THOSE WHO DIRECT THIS WEBSITE IN THE TOMORROWS NEVER TO ADVOCATE ANY CAUSE FOR PERSONAL PROFIT OR PREFERMENT. I WOULD WISH IT ALWAYS TO BE 'THE TOCSIN' & TO DEVOTE ITSELF TO THE POLICIES OF EQUALITY & INJUSTICE TO THE UNDERPRIVILEGED.

IF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD AT ANYTIME BE THE VOICE OF SELF-INTEREST OR BECOME THE SPOKESMAN OF PRIVILEGE OR SELFISHNESS IT WOULD BE UNTRUE TO ITS HISTORY."

God Bless you all and Good Luck.

LOOSE CANNON

For Real Solutions For Positive Change Visit http://www.veteranwarriors1.com/index.html

We just received a notice from the Denver Varo, stating that they asked the VAMC in Asheville to schedule the exam. We were even told by our VSO that Winston Salem is the one who schedules the C&P's and not the temporary office of jurisdiction. This is for a deferred DBQ claim for Parkinson's. So to stay on top of it, called VAMC in Asheville and they said that QTC will be doing the exam. Now we wait for them to schedule the exam. At least something is happening. Where does the final say so come from? The temporary office that develops the claims or does your home VARO adjudicate the claim. Winston Salem is less on errors than Denver, so we have been told.

Here is the where the fun really starts, if your claim was farmed out to Denver then they should have your C-file. For a proper C&P your c-file needs to be present, but it is in Denver half way accross the USA! As I understand it (I can be wrong), that newer claims are being worked in an entirely digital format/environment.

Best regards,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Tell a friend

Love HadIt.com’s VA Disability Community Vets helping Vets since 1997? Tell a friend!
  • Recent Achievements

• spazbototto earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Paul Gretza earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Troy Spurlock went up a rank
      Community Regular
    • KMac1181 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • jERRYMCK earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Our picks

• These decisions have made a big impact on how VA disability claims are handled, giving veterans more chances to get benefits and clearing up important issues.

Service Connection

Frost v. Shulkin (2017)
      This case established that for secondary service connection claims, the primary service-connected disability does not need to be service-connected or diagnosed at the time the secondary condition is incurred 1. This allows veterans to potentially receive secondary service connection for conditions that developed before their primary condition was officially service-connected. 

Saunders v. Wilkie (2018)
      The Federal Circuit ruled that pain alone, without an accompanying diagnosed condition, can constitute a disability for VA compensation purposes if it results in functional impairment 1. This overturned previous precedent that required an underlying pathology for pain to be considered a disability.

Effective Dates

Martinez v. McDonough (2023)
      This case dealt with the denial of an earlier effective date for a total disability rating based on individual unemployability (TDIU) 2. It addressed issues around the validity of appeal withdrawals and the consideration of cognitive impairment in such decisions.

Rating Issues

Continue Reading on HadIt.com
      • 0 replies
    • I met with a VSO today at my VA Hospital who was very knowledgeable and very helpful.  We decided I should submit a few new claims which we did.  He told me that he didn't need copies of my military records that showed my sick call notations related to any of the claims.  He said that the VA now has entire military medical record on file and would find the record(s) in their own file.  It seemed odd to me as my service dates back to  1981 and spans 34 years through my retirement in 2015.  It sure seemed to make more sense for me to give him copies of my military medical record pages that document the injuries as I'd already had them with me.  He didn't want my copies.  Anyone have any information on this.  Much thanks in advance.  
      • 4 replies
    • Caluza Triangle defines what is necessary for service connection
      Caluza Triangle – Caluza vs Brown defined what is necessary for service connection. See COVA– CALUZA V. BROWN–TOTAL RECALL

This has to be MEDICALLY Documented in your records:

Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

In-Service Event or Aggravation.
      Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”
      • 0 replies
    • Do the sct codes help or hurt my disability rating 
    • VA has gotten away with (mis) interpreting their  ambigious, , vague regulations, then enforcing them willy nilly never in Veterans favor.  

They justify all this to congress by calling themselves a "pro claimant Veteran friendly organization" who grants the benefit of the doubt to Veterans.  

This is not true, 

Proof:  

About 80-90 percent of Veterans are initially denied by VA, pushing us into a massive backlog of appeals, or worse, sending impoverished Veterans "to the homeless streets" because  when they cant work, they can not keep their home.  I was one of those Veterans who they denied for a bogus reason:  "Its been too long since military service".  This is bogus because its not one of the criteria for service connection, but simply made up by VA.  And, I was a homeless Vet, albeit a short time,  mostly due to the kindness of strangers and friends. 

Hadit would not be necessary if, indeed, VA gave Veterans the benefit of the doubt, and processed our claims efficiently and paid us promptly.  The VA is broken. 

A huge percentage (nearly 100 percent) of Veterans who do get 100 percent, do so only after lengthy appeals.  I have answered questions for thousands of Veterans, and can only name ONE person who got their benefits correct on the first Regional Office decision.  All of the rest of us pretty much had lengthy frustrating appeals, mostly having to appeal multiple multiple times like I did. 

I wish I know how VA gets away with lying to congress about how "VA is a claimant friendly system, where the Veteran is given the benefit of the doubt".   Then how come so many Veterans are homeless, and how come 22 Veterans take their life each day?  Va likes to blame the Veterans, not their system.   

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use