Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Evidence Intake Center?

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Is this an old or new way for VA to confuse a veteran?

In order to improve claim processing timeliness, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) has begun deployment of Centralized Mail Processing (CMP) for compensation claims and claim related documents.

If you have additional evidence to submit to support your claim, please mail or fax your evidence to the applicable CMP location below. Please be sure to put your name and claim number or social security number on every page of documentation you mail or fax to VA and keep a copy of everything for your records.

When submitting claims:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Claims Intake Center
PO Box 5235
Newnan, GA 30271-0020

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

I spoke with a VSO and she informed me that the VA is attempting to limit paper and make all information automated on a system.

All medical documentation, forms, correspondence, etc is being forwarded to one of two facilities to be scanned onto the system.

The problem is lots of paperwork from veterans and VSO's with limited manpower to actually scan the information in.

I mailed therapy notes in June to my local regional office.

From mailing directly, transferring to one of the information centers, and sitting on a pile.

It took about four months for the information to appear on e benefits.

I don't know if its a scam, but it seems poor implementation unable to handle the bulk of veterans information needing to be scanned onto the system

• HadIt.com Elder

Boy seems like things have changed a lot since my claim filing days!

VARO took care of everything.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Pete: Gotta love New Programs designed to streamline the submission of Claims Evidence. Problem is, only time (Our Time) will tell. Stay Sharp!

Semper Fi

Gastone

Faxed my Form 9 to Newnan, GA, this afternoon. Got a really nice automatic fax receipt back from the VA besides what the fax machine usually does when a fax is sent successfully. The guy behind the counter handed it to me as we were walking out and said, "Need more proof you filed today?"

Also mailed a hard copy via the automated postal clerk machine at a post office, so have a ceritifed mailing slip, post office receipt, and a green card coming back at some point.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

TiredCoastie,

Sometimes going the extra mile and covering all of your bases can pay off. Good luck!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

"If in doubt, over route."

I almost got burned mailing in my NOD at the deadline and had to argue for it to be accepted as timely. While I had the proof and provided multiple copies of the hand stamped mailing receipts to the RO, it took a lot of effort and time to get them to agree. I'd rather they just decide it's timely by examining the date and time it was received.

At least I'll have two sets of proof to send this time around.