Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded Tdui, But Does That Mean I'm T&p Also?

Rate this question

bassrunnin

Question

OK so I finally got an answer on the TDUI Today I got the actual letter from the VA about my TDIU award. My combined rating is still 70%, but they'll be paying me at 100% with no examinations scheduled in the future. Does this mean I get the benefits of 100% total and am permanent and can ask for property tax exemption and the such? I don't want to ask or presume anything that I shouldn't get or are entitled to. Is it because no examinations are scheduled that I am Permament and Total even though my service connected is 70%. Very confusing. Can someone explain all this to me...please...thanks

This is what My VA letter says in Ebennies:VA Benefit Information

You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes

Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 70%

Your current monthly award amount is: $3268.12

The effective date of the last change to your current award was: December 01, 2014

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

Edited by bassrunnin

100% - PTSD/Bipolar, 10% - PCL, TDIU (P&T), SSDI

Another great award,great to hear bud.Use all the benefits you having available to you.Get your Department of Defense I.D card so you can go on military bases for commissary and exchange privileges.If your married and have kids,champva Is great medical coverage and your family is entitled to educational benefits,congratulations.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wow.. Congradz.. i am a 70% and waiting on a TDIU claim.. i hope for the Same... SSDI denied me said i can use a phone to make calls. I am going to have a VA social worker write a letter about me being unemployable permanently and my VOC Rehab write a similar with the removal of me from the program, i hope this will help both SSDI and VA.

Now to answer your question.. for now i would be out of mind and out of site with any question to VA until you try this forum and wait for someone to chime in.

I would if it was me.. sign up for Legal Shield 19.99 no contract (you can drop them in a month.. but you wont"there that good" and ask them this question...

Good luck and congratulations.. hope you need not fight anymore.. you did your time for USA now it's time to live life.

"I would if it was me.. sign up for Legal Shield 19.99 no contract (you can drop them in a month.. but you wont"there that good" and ask them this question"

I'd look here before I gave even a paltry 19.99!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/legal-shield

SSA can be a problem. They are inconsistent from one area to another. A lowly SSA clerk can make or break a case, and force an appeal.

I was fortunate, I suppose, in dealing with SSA. A friend, in the Chicago area was not, even with an appeal and B&B.

SSA told him to "hire someone" to do what he no longer could. (Non Veteran, small personally run business, no employees, just occasional subs for large jobs.)

Chuck75,

Thanks for the feedback on SSA, i will see what happens on round 2 and if i don't make the cut then i will lawyer up.

Now about Legal Shield, i would not throw it out there if i could not back them up and i can. They have helped me so much from Legal Letters to School's , Traffic Tickets, Divorce , Custody, SSA, Bankruptcy and for 19.99 not only a peace of mind but representation. I thought for years they were a scam until i hit a Legal Barrier and they were the only ones i could afford (19.99) and it changed my life and i mean that.

Not trying to push Legal shield, i am just trying to help everyone out with my real life experiences. It's up to You all to take it with a grain of salt or/

The only thing I see missing from your award letter is the "No Future Exams Schedualed." It may be of no real importance, then again it may. The IU rating itself, is always based on your SC condition that interferes with your "Gainful Employment, Earnings," $12,400 -65 or $11,400 over 65. If that condition improved and or you had Earned Income in excess of the $12,4 or $11,4 continues in excess of 12 months, your IU rating would be in jeopardy.

Along with your recent Award Letter, there is a page included advising you of your eligibility for the VA Vocational Rehabilitation program. In addition to helping you, the VA would love to see you get back into the workforce and begin earning at least a modest income. If you were successful you would have your IU rating reviewed after 12 months and possibly get a reduction in Comp to your 70% rate. Your ratings never protected until you reach the 20 Yr mark and the VA stops compaing IRS income info after you hit 70. I reviewed a BVA IU Reduction where the VET was TDIU P&T and his wife filed for divorce. Somehow her court documents made it to the VA and based on her statements that indicated he had more income, he ended up losing his IU. She ended up loosing CHAMPVA and her portion of his IU Comp.

PTSD is your 1 and only IU issue. IU doesn't take age into consideration, but the Dr and other Mental Health Clinicians do. I attended PTSD Group sessions for about 3 yrs and my layman's take on the Drs and clinicians I had contact with is that to one degree or another, they believe they can definitely significantly reduce your PTSD symptoms and improve your overall life, to include employment. The age part comes into play when treating OLD Dogs that have had PTSD for 30+ years.

Semper Fi

Gastone

bassrunnin,

Congratulations on your award. A lot of great advice given in the previous posts. Also check out your local benefits for 100% P &T vets. In my state, I received a substantial reduction in my property taxes and get a free Disabled Veterans auto tag with no ad valorem tax. I could also get free hunting and fishing licenses, free business license, etc. Some states also offer income tax breaks.

My wife and mother both have Champva and it is outstanding insurance in my opinion. If your eligible family members do not have any other insurance with pharmacy coverage, they can get free prescriptions through Champva Meds by Mail program. They would also not pay any premiums for Champva. It is totally free and only has $100.00 annual deductible for family or $50.00 annual deductible for spouse only coverage.

Good luck and good health to you and your family.

GP