VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Ellis Oklahoma Imo

Rate this question

rcorluvpr

Question

5 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I wish you the best flores97,

I hope you get to Oklahoma in one piece and your flight goes smooth & Dr Ellis gives you a great report on all his examinations for you. 

It's to bad we have to travel this far to get medical opinions b/c of the VA medical system is so messed up.

btw was you born in 97  or is that the date you got out of the military?

take care

............Buck

just curious

Thanks, Buck, I'll just have to do my best on the plane. I was born in 76, and I actually went into the Army in 97. Luckily, I didn't mind being in the field as we were in the field a minimum of 90-120 days a year, I was in 296th Forward Support Battalion for most of my tenure, in Washington State

I believe there might be a couple of docs in North Carolina that would do it, but after the other experience I just had I'm going with the docs that other vets speak well of. It is a shame that we have to travel so far, but I am grateful at the same time that we at least have the option. I wouldn't even have known about Ellis Clinic if not for the great advice here on this forum, and I am grateful every day that I found it!! 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Mam I agree

I feel the same way.

1997 Is when MsTbird founded Hadit

Edited by Buck52

flores97:

Clearly some docs and lawyers have taken advantage of Vets as they try to get to get their claims adjudicated in their favors and the stress that is generated from the overall process. I guess the best advice is to have vets do their own homework, due diligence and research before they hand over their hard earned money to one of these legal/medical professionals. Also, good representation both legal and medical dose not come cheap? . So, I guess it's mainly about "buyer beware" and many times, I've learned that  you get what you paid for so careful research can improve your chance of selecting the right person in the end. The good news is that enough Vets have used their services so there are a lot of references out their in the Veteran Disability Community. Also, I think you have to look for the balance. I hear Dr. Bash is great and has a good record of case success but is very expensive (some say - not me) but his high rate of success speaks for itself...so one has to figure out how much of their retro they are willing to spend to get a "win" in their case.  But also consider the VA is seeing the same group of lawyers win cases over and over again which makes one wonder about how long they will be able to keep winning these cases?  It was suggested yesterday that I look for another local lawyer that handles social security disability cases (which makes good sense) but I've decided to give Dr. Ellis and his staff a shot at my case..he has a straight forward fee structure and I like that...I don't like it when lawyers continue to come back for more money after they've reviewed your case in the first place...

Take Care and Godspeed...Rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22
typos

Rootbeer22, I couldn't agree more. I talked to Dr Bash on the phone, and while I know he is fantastic, I did try to negotiate upfront price, I was willing to pay 3,000 up front but that was not acceptable. No hard feelings, i know he is worth every penny and then some, but my evidence for my secondaries is so clear cut and obvious i feel that I shouldn't have to spend ten grand to win my case. I will be in Oklahoma on April 19 for Dr Ellis's IME, and I just sent off my packet  for the IMO that Valor is providing. I am still dreading the trip itself, does anyone happen to know if there is a VAMC  located in Oklahoma City? 

• HadIt.com Elder

Here ya go flores97

Oklahoma City VA Medical Center

921 NE 13th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
405-456-1000

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use