Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lookie What the VA Emailed Me

Rate this question

green

Question

As of today I am at day 247 for my FDC, I sent an update request from IRIS and received the following.  Only thing I don't really understand is the "waiting for approval by a VA authorizer"?

Thank you for your service to our country.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are currently experiencing a large volume of inquiries and are working as quickly as possible to respond to each in a timely manner.

Your claim is currently in the final stages waiting for approval by a VA authorizer.

Your claim's status may change if additional information is required.

At this time, it is estimated that your claim should be completed by May 16, 2016.

Please understand that this date is an estimate and that your claim may take longer based on the specifics of your claim and VA's pending workload.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

Green

Claims have to be finalized for their decision from the raters, they don't work in a vacuum, so your 'authorizer' is the finalization of the claim. Ive never seen that wording before though, so I can't opine if it is a positive or a negative. Claims above certain amount threshholds need to be finalized by more than 1 person at different seniority levels. You are getting close to done, you may get a note from DAV or other VSO (if you have one) with an unofficial breakdown of what the result is before you get the final letter from VA. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Well, beleive it or not this may be an improvement.  It means "at least the claims the VA admits to" they are trying to get those done (maybe) in the first year.  

Of course, I have a claim from 2003 that has not been adjuticated yet.  When I complained, the VA told me to send in a "new" claim.  I did not.  I can see VA hornswaggling me on the effective date now.  Its in my attorney's hands now.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Green

I would be happy  to me this means your approved...but wait to get that official letter.  anything can happen with them bad boys at the RO.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I just thought it was strange that they are waiting for an authorizing signature, not an approver?

brokensoldier, I don't have a VSO, did this FDC for secondary conditions on my own (after learning much from hadit members).

broncovet, that is unacceptable, they should clear the backlog first.

Buck, thanks, appreciate your well wishes.

Edited by green

Green

I hate to play Devil's Advocate, but "waiting for a Decision Authorization Signature," doesn't automatically indicate an Award.

Semper Fi

I understand Gastone, and I appreciate your words of caution, I'm not counting my chickens before the eggs hatch but I am a pretty positive guy.  I learned a number of years ago that being well prepared and choosing to believe and expect a positive outcome equals less wear and tear on my noggin.

Green