VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thoughts on change to IU at retirement age??

Rate this question

wisconsinwalter

Question

6 hours ago, Berta said:

I agree with you Buck, in this way....if the vet has SSDi (or even if they dont have it,) they should request 100% P & T right from the git go if they cannot work solely due a MAIN SC disability...Meaning the 100% award has to be solely for ONE SC. There could be SMC down the road too but this proposal is only regarding TDIU.

This would of course depend on their medical evidence and whether VOC Rehab ever turned them down solely to One SC. And they might have to shell out IMO/IMEcash for a strong IMO but that cash might save their comp in the long run, and might be the best investment they ever made.

Dont forget VA has tried BS like this many times, over the years in many ways.

Mil Retirees won CRSC and CRDP by taking years of action. I even wrote for one lawyer suing about that past unfairness, an amicus curie , and paid him enough to file it with the court.

Mil Lifers  are better organized these days than non CRDP////CRSC vets.

Can you explain this again?  I don't get the lingo you use. 

I am 70% PTSD,  20 for scars, and 40 for various others bone and joint issues.  

My problem is to get P&T, I had to drop my knee replacement appeal.

I used Voc Rehab when I got out and so I can't continue to work per my shrink. My SSDI is for depression only. 

6 hours ago, Berta said:

Wis, the "I had to drop my knee replacement appeal in order to get P & T," could use some explaining. Could you explain what makes you think that was a factor in the P & T Rating? Were you on a DRO or BVA?        Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I would not blame the New Administration for this proposal , it actually came out from the Obama Administration a few years ago.

they just kept the proposal.  but so for that's all it is  just a proposal.

I advise all veterans to go to benefits and make copies of what they have you rated for and the dates you were rated..keep those copies in a safe place  you may need them at a later date...ebenefits is always changing things  so make those copies so you will have them. (just in case you need them)

2 hours ago, Gastone said:

Wis, the "I had to drop my knee replacement appeal in order to get P & T," could use some explaining. Could you explain what makes you think that was a factor in the P & T Rating? Were you on a DRO or BVA?        Semper Fi

I was given P&T by the Wis dept of VA. I filed an appeal based on the PTSD rating. 

The State rep was involved at the Milwaukee regional DRO. I had just being basically run out of my employment at the CPAC with the VHA. 

I took some time off and the DRO called and said I had to resign the morning I got back and that I had to drop my appeal for the knee.

i was denied based on the my civilian doc and the VA docs not in the same page  

now that the VA has to take civilian docs opinions, my doc is now retired and the CMO of orthopedics at the VA hospital  

I am wondering if perhaps people who are already receiving 100% P/T IU might be grandfathered in? It is absolutely unbelievable that Shulkin would even be considering cutting this off to veterans who reach social security age, as many many of them have not worked enough to have meaningful social security or disability from social security, let alone a retirement savings account. But then again, I am convinced there is no bottom to how low this administration will go to cut the safety nets of the poor, the elderly, children and now veterans.

Hopefully someone can help me with this question. My rate is 70% TDIU , but I have a letter from the VA stating that I am 100% permanent and totally disabled effective  Sept. 1, 2010. My rating letter also stated " No examination will be scheduled in the future''  Will this proposed budget reduce my pay back  to 70%.

I am a 69 year old Vietnam Vet. Totally worried that this will pass. If I hear one more politician say they are for veterans, I will Puke.

I wrote my Senator about this and got a form letter reply saying how he is for Choice care. Nothing mentioned  about the budget proposal.