Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Jimmer

Veterans "gaming" the system for PTSD claims?

Question

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share with you a article that I read on military.com in which a Bruce (whatever his last name is) testified to a group on how the veterans are "gaming" the system, and getting PTSD claims approved.  First of all, I would like to meet this guy face-to-face and tell him what an idiot he is. (I would like to do more, but restraint  would be necessary).  First of all a V.A. doctor has to determine that you have PTSD, not someone from the outside.  Does this clown think the V.A. doctors are willing to "look the other way" on claims?  Quite the opposite.  Then you have to have a "stressor", that ties the PTSD with an military event related to the PTSD.  It took me four years to get PTSD disability, and the V.A. went thru everything with a fine tooth comb.  Lucky, I c-file confirmed my "stressor", and I had been going to the V.A. mental health facilities, meeting with various doctors, sessions, etc.  I still see them three times a month, and take five different  medications.  This guy, Bruce, based his information on veterans talking to one other about applying, saying it was easy, blah, blah, blah.  I don't know of any vet that has received disability compensation for PTSD, that had an easy road, and I have talked to a lot of them.   It is comments like this, that really anger, me, and gives the false impression, that vets are just "scamming" the system, and a way to give fuel to cut disability benefits.   I would love to here you comments, especially those of you getting PTSD disability benefits.  I am sure you did not have any easy road, the V.A. makes sure of that!

• Like 2

@Jimmer Nothing about PTSD was easy for me or any one I ran into. Through the years stories like this come up I often think it's lead into to cutting benefits and telling us how grateful we ought to be for it. I just ignore folks like that, I suggest you do to - they ain't worth it.

Ad

Not getting PTSD as SC'd yet...however it is gathering dust on some evaluator's desk right now

- and this remark from this "Bruce" person comes across as a slap to the face IMO.

What blundering buffoon thinks it is alright to talk about the shame on our Nation that occurs when society turn their heads away, while our Vets are haunted/tortured by PTSD both Combat/MST like it's "the boy who cried wolf"... :dry::dry::dry::dry:

• Like 2

I agree with Tbird.  They make it sound like its simple stuff..you go to the doc, fill out some forms, and in a couple weeks...poof...you are 100 percent PTSD.  Probably 100 vets get lowballed (or "no" balled, that is denied, or delayed forever which often amounst to the same thing) to every one who gets ratings they dont deserve.   While this happens, most of the time it happens is because of corruption on the inside of VA.  

Edited by broncovet
  • Like 3

I did not file for the first time till I was 49 year old and it took about 5 years to get to 70%  between Viet nam and 49 I moved 11 times ,, got married 3 times went to jail 5 times for over 6 months each , smoked crack,, drank,, smoked sherm , once started  a fight in a frigging bank with the security guy because he was staring at me . it was a judge in Oregon who looked over my records and said .. I am confused you seem like a nice family guy but live a life of extremes and seems like your either angry at the world or want someone to remove you from the world. Last year you assaulted a man for following you to close on a public street ?? I am strongly advising you to seek some sort of counseling and I see your a veteran I suggest the VA hospital is the place to start I will postpone sentencing till I see a report from a lic qualified doctor telling me if this behavior is controllable .. Best thing that ever happened to me ...

• Like 1

A lot of people don't understand PTSD is rated starting at 0% and that PTSD can be for non-combat.

Edited by kent101
  • Like 1