Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Tabletop C and P exam for Increase.. Please read

Rate this question

Austin

Question

Yesterday when reviewing my medical records I noticed an examiner did a C and P/DBQ addendum. Im currently 70 percent and submitted for an increase(12 months ago) and also filed for IU(2 months ago). I don't know what this nexus means and would like to know if the exam was for the IU or increase claim. This examiner did a table top review as I wasn't present for it. See below:

Please utilize this form when responding to VBA requests for either addendums    or clarifications of prior VHA examination reports.        This Veteran was seen for a C&P examination in December, 2017. At that time    it was felt that the most appropriate diagnosis was that of a mood disorder,    which was considered to be severe. At that time it was noted that the Veteran    had been able to complete a college degree.
    In July of this year the Veteran was admitted to inpatient treatment, which    he successfully completed, and he continued in treatment throught the    remainder of this year. Treatment notes reference some improvement in
    functioning, with the Veteran reporting boredom.
    At this point, given the available information, I believe it is as likely as    not that the Veteran's severe mood disorder would make it impossible for him    to maintain employment over an extended period of time. 
    Perhaps vocational rehabilitation, combined with his continuing in treatment    might make it possible for him to obtain and maintain employment at a later 

So my question is.. Does the nexus look favorable? What was this exam for(IU or my increase)? My increase is in front of the DRO and was filed in December of last year after my initial award. The IU claim was only filled a month or two ago. The C and P exam was done 15 days ago. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated 

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

I don;t think you have reason to worry  but I'm not saying they will award you the IU.

It all depends on your symptoms and the severity of them  that's how they rate MH Condition 

you can look at the rating schedule for your MH Condition by your C&P EXAM the boxes check   the symptoms checked  it looks favorable to me if you apply for the IU. Other wise they will probably rate you at 50%/or 70%

It will be interesting to see there reason an bases of a denial.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Remember when you apply for IU  your asking for an increase  but you have to apply for the IU they don't just give it to you  other wise they wil rate you according to your symptoms.

now if you get a 70% or higher rating up to 90% and you have proved to them you can't work because of your S,C, DISABILITY  then the rater has the responsibility to infer the IU.  Sometimes they fail to do this   which will cause you to Appeal the decision

so in your claim you need to request the IU Be Awarded...if you can't work because of your s.c. condition.and have medical evidence to support that..

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

They might have failed to even send it-

That happened to me- I still have their letter stating 5103 enclosed and it is still stapled with no 5103 form-

I filed an IRIS complaint and probably called them as well.

If you tell me the name of the VARO I am sure I have contact #s for their Director and VSCMs.

Or you can contact IRIS and the main VA web site-and file a complaint.

The 5103 waiver is our VCAA rights and I think they have a deadline for it- so best to do something fast-

I think VA is closed today-not sure-and open Wednesday-

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I received no 5103, I also emailed all my contact attempts for my employers to the attorney. My attorneys are out for Christmas and they don’t like me doing things without their consent.. which I can’t get until they get back. 

Yes, I have buddy statements for the rape.

i have strong evidence on the IU minus the employment forms.  

I believe they rated me 70 percent based on being exacerbated in the service. I beiebe my RO is the North Little Rock office. 

I’m worried Im screwed. Ebennies moved from evidence needed from you to gathering evidence. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Tell a friend

Love HadIt.com’s VA Disability Community Vets helping Vets since 1997? Tell a friend!
  • Recent Achievements

• spazbototto earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Paul Gretza earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Troy Spurlock went up a rank
      Community Regular
    • KMac1181 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • jERRYMCK earned a badge
      Week One Done
  • Our picks

• I met with a VSO today at my VA Hospital who was very knowledgeable and very helpful.  We decided I should submit a few new claims which we did.  He told me that he didn't need copies of my military records that showed my sick call notations related to any of the claims.  He said that the VA now has entire military medical record on file and would find the record(s) in their own file.  It seemed odd to me as my service dates back to  1981 and spans 34 years through my retirement in 2015.  It sure seemed to make more sense for me to give him copies of my military medical record pages that document the injuries as I'd already had them with me.  He didn't want my copies.  Anyone have any information on this.  Much thanks in advance.  
      • 4 replies
    • Caluza Triangle defines what is necessary for service connection
      Caluza Triangle – Caluza vs Brown defined what is necessary for service connection. See COVA– CALUZA V. BROWN–TOTAL RECALL

This has to be MEDICALLY Documented in your records:

Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

In-Service Event or Aggravation.
      Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”
      • 0 replies
    • Do the sct codes help or hurt my disability rating 
    • VA has gotten away with (mis) interpreting their  ambigious, , vague regulations, then enforcing them willy nilly never in Veterans favor.  

They justify all this to congress by calling themselves a "pro claimant Veteran friendly organization" who grants the benefit of the doubt to Veterans.  

This is not true, 

Proof:  

About 80-90 percent of Veterans are initially denied by VA, pushing us into a massive backlog of appeals, or worse, sending impoverished Veterans "to the homeless streets" because  when they cant work, they can not keep their home.  I was one of those Veterans who they denied for a bogus reason:  "Its been too long since military service".  This is bogus because its not one of the criteria for service connection, but simply made up by VA.  And, I was a homeless Vet, albeit a short time,  mostly due to the kindness of strangers and friends. 

Hadit would not be necessary if, indeed, VA gave Veterans the benefit of the doubt, and processed our claims efficiently and paid us promptly.  The VA is broken. 

A huge percentage (nearly 100 percent) of Veterans who do get 100 percent, do so only after lengthy appeals.  I have answered questions for thousands of Veterans, and can only name ONE person who got their benefits correct on the first Regional Office decision.  All of the rest of us pretty much had lengthy frustrating appeals, mostly having to appeal multiple multiple times like I did. 

I wish I know how VA gets away with lying to congress about how "VA is a claimant friendly system, where the Veteran is given the benefit of the doubt".   Then how come so many Veterans are homeless, and how come 22 Veterans take their life each day?  Va likes to blame the Veterans, not their system.   
    • Welcome to hadit!  

There are certain rules about community care reimbursement, and I have no idea if you met them or not.  Try reading this:

https://www.va.gov/resources/getting-emergency-care-at-non-va-facilities/

However, (and I have no idea of knowing whether or not you would likely succeed) Im unsure of why you seem to be so adamant against getting an increase in disability compensation.  

When I buy stuff, say at Kroger, or pay bills, I have never had anyone say, "Wait!  Is this money from disability compensation, or did you earn it working at a regular job?"  Not once.  Thus, if you did get an increase, likely you would have no trouble paying this with the increase compensation.  

However, there are many false rumors out there that suggest if you apply for an increase, the VA will reduce your benefits instead.  

That rumor is false but I do hear people tell Veterans that a lot.  There are strict rules VA has to reduce you and, NOT ONE of those rules have anything to do with applying for an increase.  

Yes, the VA can reduce your benefits, but generally only when your condition has "actually improved" under ordinary conditions of life.  

Unless you contacted the VA within 72 hours of your medical treatment, you may not be eligible for reimbursement, or at least that is how I read the link, I posted above. Here are SOME of the rules the VA must comply with in order to reduce your compensation benefits:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.344

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use