Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ellis Clinic IMO/IME

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

I know there has been some people asking about the Ellis Clinic and how some of the outcomes were. I am going soon to the clinic and once I get my report/exam back from him, I will file a claim. I will keep everyone posted throughout the process so people can know what the outcome was. 

On 2/21/2019 at 5:15 PM, El Train said:

At this point I'm turning it over to a law firm.  Seems like you have done everything and they are pissed about it.  I would think a law firm would love an easy case like this.  You've done all the medical work for them.

Agreed!  Also, side note on the raters not liking Dr. Ellis' IME/IMO reports.  Raters try to kill everything they can at their level.  However, in my own case at the BVA level, Dr. Ellis' report destroyed the C&P examiner's and rater's opinions.  Make sure you upload a copy of his curriculum vitae if you are going to compare his IME/IMO's to the C&P's.

Good luck!

Mark

On 2/21/2019 at 8:48 PM, vetquest said:

dajoker, that is all well and good.  Unfortunately most of us vets have the assistance of a VSO who might know what he is doing.  We do not all have the experience of someone inside the system and it takes us a while to get it right.  Throw in a complicated case and a neurologist or two who are trying to save the VA money and we are sunk before we ever get our ship out of port.  The VA closed that neurology department by the way.  We wind up having to pay a lawyer 20% of our award dated back ten years when it should have been completed by the RO right the first or second time, so our kid would have had a chance at college.  I am not trying to be nasty, it is just that on the other side of the fence there are a lot of veterans getting treated like they are dirt.

Amen!

On 2/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, Point_break said:

Are there any clinics like this in or around central Texas?

Worth the drive if you can make it.  I drove from East Texas for the appointment.  Long haul, but went pretty quick once I hit I-35.  There's a Springhill Suites that gives discounts to veterans and their families using Dr. Ellis for IME's, and it is literally walking distance from his clinic.

Mark

8 hours ago, MarkInTexas said:

Agreed!  Also, side note on the raters not liking Dr. Ellis' IME/IMO reports.  Raters try to kill everything they can at their level.  However, in my own case at the BVA level, Dr. Ellis' report destroyed the C&P examiner's and rater's opinions.  Make sure you upload a copy of his curriculum vitae if you are going to compare his IME/IMO's to the C&P's.

Good luck!

Mark

Curriculum Vitae?  Would that be his front page of his IME?  Or does he have a whole separate sheet outlining his Curriculum Vitae?  That would be nice to hand the VA C&P doc I'm seeing next week.  Thanks.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use