VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would anyone be willing to look over my husbands new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches?

Rate this question

Vet Dog and wife

Question

Would anyone be willing to look over my husband’s new report and DBQs concerning separate ratings for TBI/PTSD A&A Headaches? we also posted a lot of his VA claim docs too.

Thank you all very much for all your prior advice. you have helped my husband so much and we truly appreciate all your help.

Edited by Vet Dog and wife
need help

any advice will be much appreciated.

Some reminders that some Hadit members recommended.

They felt that he should be rated high for both.

trying to get my husbands TBI separated from his PTSD and other disabilities.

also, that we try to get his headaches and other issues Such as headaches rated secondary to his TBI. and getting CUE EED back to 1980

and getting hit in the head with the pick ax as contributing to his TBI and PTSD.

we were told that if he was rated separately for his TBI and PTSD, with two high rating then he could apply for A&A

we got all the DBQS and a report that were recommended, cosigned by a psychiatrist and psychologist along with DBQS for A&A, Headaches, PTSD review, and several reports.

we were also told that there may be some possible CUEs, for example, Headaches are one of the leading complaints of veterans suffering a TBI. also that Dr Goodman's letter wasn't listed in the evidence in the compensation decision, but was received by the VA. we were told that it may be possible to  get a CUE and EED for A&A back to 1998.

Thank you so much

Edited by Vet Dog and wife

• HadIt.com Elder

vetdog and wife , remember

If your claim for disability compensation benefits was denied and you submitted new and material evidence to reopen that claim, and the VA then awarded you benefits, your effective date will generally not be the date of your first application. Instead, the effective date will usually be the date you submitted your application to reopen the claim.

your case is complicated , I have no doubt you will win a decision on some of these conditions,  but keep in mind on a reopen you basically loose the EED from when you first filed.

Now I am not sure if you CUE some of these  but I don't think you will need to. ( JMO)