VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

NEWS - HadIt.com - Update HadIt.com To Remain Open

Tbird

Question

• Community Admin

NEW!!! HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran To Remain Open

A group of volunteers has stepped up to keep HadIt.com up and running. We need more volunteers and we would love your input on the future. Join us at one of the following Zoom Meetings to be a part of the conversation.

Dec 17, 2022 14:00 MST

Jan 7, 2023  14:00 MST

Jan 14, 2023 14:00 MST

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Just thought of something.  Google should have the security.  Check with an attorney to see if you have a case.  I quit using google search because of getting infected with a virus on windows 7

2 minutes ago, blahsaysme2u said:

I would like to keep in touch with a lot of you...is there any safe way to get contact info to one another?

I just was on zoom with Tbird from the link posted above.  I think she has our emails and can send a zoom invitation to everyone.  I will subscribe so we can have longer meetings than the 40 minutes. Her Zoom subscription was cancelled so she only had a free 40-minute time period that cut us off before we finished.

The meeting has to be set for a time period.  We could meet at specific times on Saturday and Sunday when Zoom is not crowded, and most would have free time to meet. Zoom will have to do better security than Google or they will lose their commercial business.

Time limits depend upon your subscription.  I will subscribe and set up a meeting for Saturday and post like she did. This will be much less expensive than maintaining her website.  I am 82 so someone who is younger should also get a Zoom account.  That would enable us to host different questions at the same time and keep it going after I am permanently gone.

She put everything she had into HADIT and has nothing left but her VA compensation and some bounced checks.  Not a problem because VA comp and SSA are not attachable.

I would use my wife's subscription, but I never know when she needs it.

Look for the post from me that says, "does anyone want to meet?" on Saturday for 2:00PM MT time.  The link will be included.  You can download Zoom free and join the meeting.  We only need one subscription holder. I will open a HADIT email account that everyone can send me their email address to so I can make a list to email out to.  It will only be used for that purpose.  Might be best to open separate email accounts for your participation other than your regular email account.  I use protonmail.com for encrypted email.  I will probably use Gmail initially and just collect addresses from there to start.  Then check to see if your email provider is compatible with protonmail to 

If anyone hears of anyone that needs help forward the link to their address.  We will discuss which questions or problems to address at the Saturday meeting and a time to discuss a particular problem for future meetings.

Hope we can pick up some of the very knowledgeable moderators. Do not invite former member.  If he shows up, I will be able to drop him out.  He would monopolize the conversation.  The Zoom moderator can set a means of calling on someone to speak or just let everyone break in if the group is small.  If anyone feels they are not being heard enough they can set up and do their own Zoom.  Even for free but limited times and duration.

You can set your window to see the people on camera.  You do not have to go on camera and can join voice only.  The current speaker will have the main window.

My wife opens 15 minutes prior to meeting time so there is time to sort out who is there and what, she does readings from religious books and prayers that are in print from the Baha'i Faith, a universal religion that accepts all major religions and some that are not so major.  Not just a unitarian mode.

If done right, we can use this method.  Just will not have advertising for revenue to keep it going or pay the subscription which is not that expensive.  I will post what it costs me after I set up my Zoom account.

• Community Admin
1 hour ago, blahsaysme2u said:

I would like to keep in touch with a lot of you...is there any safe way to get contact info to one another?

I need a few days to think about this.

15 minutes ago, Tbird said:

I need a few days to think about this.

I can wait until Friday or another Friday to get my Zoom account.  Let me know when you are ready.  I will check if I can subscribe so that you can be the controller or someone I trust, like Bronco, who is in the same time zone I am in.

• Community Admin
Just now, Lemuel said:

I can wait until Friday or another Friday to get my Zoom account.  Let me know when you are ready.  I will check if I can subscribe so that you can be the controller or someone I trust, like Bronco, who is in the same time zone I am in.

You name it and I’ll be there.

My wife has the $149.90 annual subscription.  I can handle that which would allow 100 participants at a time.  Appears only the subscriber can host.  I would do my best to be fair and would not monopolize.  Instead, I would call upon those who are known to be knowledgeable, like Bronco and others you would nominate to lead including yourself.  We could set the signals for participation in the first meeting so everyone could be seen to want to speak at any given time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tbird said:

You name it and I’ll be there.

I will get the account and post my first Zoom meeting on Friday and Saturday for 2:00 PM on Saturday.  I will post under this thread and as a question.  The meeting open to sign on 15 minutes ahead of the meeting time.

Downloads of zoom is free to anyone who wants to participate.  The download will be available to those who do not already have Zoom on their computer, tablet, or phone when you click the link to the Zoom meeting.

I downloaded to my new computer when I clicked the link for Tbird's earlier Zoom invitation.  Let us start with her spitballs on Saturday, 11/19/22 at 2:00 PM Mountain Time Zone time.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Tbird
This post was recognized by Tbird!

"Thank you for the kind words."

MilvetHD was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 100 points.

Tbird, you have carried your load and done more for veterans than many of those who have made a career of pretending to do so. This news is genuinely depressing, but you have earned your rest and retirement. All the best! 

• Good One 1
  • Best Answer 1

If you guys remeber i started a dicord swrver based on hadit....it has voice chats and forum like structure for specific topics but would be hard to track I diviual questions...but might be better option than zoom calls

Here's link for those interested...some joined before but never got on but a fw times to talk...

https://discord.gg/6KEa9rFE

Edited by blahsaysme2u (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My 2 cents (no I dont speak for Tbird or other hadit members, but these are my own "unsubstantiated" opinions:

While I may just be "grieving and in denial" Im not sure "hadit going down" is a done deal yet.  

Tbird is "ready"  for a much needed retirement.  

Its my opinion, that someone needs to make an offer to buy  hadit.  I wont opine on if its for sale or for how much, as I have no say about that.  

I can opine, however, that it should stay up to help Veterans.  

If you know someone, who loves Veterans, and maybe has some capital (money), then I suggest you have them contact Tbird, probably in a PM.  

"If" you are interested or know someone who is, dont contact me, contact Tbird in a PM.  

hi, tbird. gotta say thank you and everyone for helping me these last years and mainly keeping me alive and 6feet above ground..thanks.. that said we always help our brothers and sisters in time of need, when they fall we pick them up and keep moving foreward, help them take the next step, analyze, adapt, go around, thur to overcome and concur.. never quit never give up... web site management is a singular bitch in and unto its self, i have dealt with them before a little suggestions save you backups zip up your sight and possibility integrate it with another i.e. watchdog.org or another you site your choice but please keep it alive the way the id10t in the white house driving the bus we and the new vets will need a reliable resource especially in light of the last 2 or 3 years all the lies be told by them knuckleheads up in the white house cant trust them.. they just want us to die and go away... they broke there promise,, we didnt. they killed us and we didnt even know it.. take care be safe and keep moving foreward..]

V/R

20MikeMIKE

18 hours ago, Tbird said:

I am working on ideas. I will definitely have something to bring to the table this weekend so stay tuned. You are all a very inspiring group.

Those who are interested in keeping HADIT going should tune in Saturday Zoom meeting to be posted on Friday and Saturday morning for a 2:00 PM Mountain Time Zone meeting.  Link will be posted by me.  I will keep the Zoom subscription but I would prefer Bronco or one of the other primary moderators to lead.  Tbird will lead on Saturday after we figure out a mode to keep order.

In a message to me, Tbird says we need some volunteers for the idea she is going to float.  See her post above.

Need camera and mic on your computer, tablet, or phone.  Camera so we can see you raise your hand to comment. Mic to speak.  To listen you will only need a phone.  

Zoom allows you to mute sound from your mic or the host (me for now) to mute you.  You can join with or without video.

When you click the link, a Zoom download to participate will appear if you do not already have Zoom on your device.  Zoom has to be secure for their business subscriptions so I am sure they have the necessary security service unlike google which caused the problem with the HADIT website.

The meeting allows you to get ready to join 15 minutes prior to meeting time.  My wife is familiar with Zoom as a host and will help me set up the meeting.

28 minutes ago, capitan said:

I don't get it. If this site is on the way out, what's to prevent someone from just starting another one, with a different name but the same noble goal?

If necessary, we can go that way.  Join the Zoom meeting Saturday to discuss.  If you have an idea and mode, bring it to the meeting.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:14 AM, Tbird said:

I am writing to you today with some important news about the future of HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran. Dec 17, 2022, will be HadIt.com's and our Community's last day on the web.

I have learned so much from everyone on this site. HADIT was the one place since the military that I felt a sense of belonging, people who understood the challenges as well as benefits as a U.S. Veteran. 

Tbird - so many people have shared my sentiment, so I will just share mine in two words.   THANK YOU. 

• Thanks 1