Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

They Did It Again / Ro's And There Games They Play

Rate this question

yoggie2

Question

Well, the RO pulled another trick AAAAGAIN. I have know idea what its for but the RO has requested another C&P and I can only speculate at this time but I guess that my current diagnosis from 4 doc's of PTSD is not enough if this is what its for. I have my VA treating VA doc that provides my med says its PTSD and I did not know this till my SSD Hearing and I heard his gaf scores and I was shocked that they were down the line of 41, 42, 38, 40, 39 and I have other diagnosis from a VA appointed Psychologist/Counselor gaf of 41 and severe PTSD and the SSD examining Forensic Psychologist different then the GAF but PTSD and the severity was disabling. At the time of my hearing all my evidence was current and it has taken the Indy VARO 4 months to recommend me to a C&P this Wednesday! I say its for a C&P for PTSD because we had a pretty good heated discussion when he wanted to send me to one with all the current medical VA and Private but I said I would do it..

So as it goes now I was denied on a flimsy denial he apologized at the hearing for there mix up (screw up) because they had missed critical evidence and had gotten confused (they didn't read it was the problem and flat out denied every claim) and partly edited out parts of the hearing. I have not received any date of the C&P as of yet and I know there are worse out there but I now have 1 1/2 tied up in my initial claim and another 1 1/2 since my NOD and since my hearing I have wait for months just to be set up for a C&P so now its about a month for the C&P and another month minimum if I'm lucky for a decision. So if I'm lucky I am looking at another 3 months re-god-damn disgusted I can not even began to tell you all how pissed off this makes me they have no reason to do this they are only doing this because they can. Yog

Edited by yoggie2

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I hope I am clarifying rentalguys statement. The C&P exam may only be to decide the current level of disability so they can determine the percentage the VA will rate yoggie.

Bingo. It's CYA for the DRO. It will take a bit longer, but it will work out in the end. There is no way they can deny you service connection, but without a new C&P they could sure lowball the hell out of you. You gotta go in there and show them the man you have told me about in our conversations.

90%, TDIU P&T

• HadIt.com Elder

Rich

The VA just never makes it easy for anyone with PTSD. I know that I started at 10% in 1971 for schizophrenia because they did not have a PTSD diagnosis at the time and they did not understand panic disorder or the other problems I had. 30 years later I got a 70% rating after I got SSD. I don't know why they have to put us through this, but you have the evidence. This is their dying gasp to try and figure a way out of paying you IU or 100%. Your evidence is better than most since you have SSD for PTSD. I think it is probably as others have said which is that they want to do the C&P to figure out the level of disability. You appreciate just how difficult this process can be when the VA gives you a PD diagnosis and fights you all the way. Most of us overcame the same damn hurdles. I think you are well on you way but this is the VA torture you have to endure. If your stressor is verified the thing will take shape. Just hold on!

Na, I'm in the 12th round of the fight and they are all but gone and leaning on the ropes this exam is the knock out I need so I can kill this part of it and I kinda expected it but was hoping the VARO wouldn't do this to me and go with current evidence that was NEW from the VA and fee basis doc's but its never enough they have to think of something to draw it out another 6 months or a year maybe I'll die or give up if they just draw it out one last time. like I said I'm pissed they would do it but I kinda expected them to pull something like this, Thanks guys...yog

Edited by yoggie2

Found out today like to went crazy over the weekend wondering ,my SO called today I don't have 1 C&P but 2. One for the PTSD and the other is for the legs they haven't been scheduled yet but he want then having new medical evidence doesn't matter. Shane I think you were right on he/they just want them for rating purposes. I figure it will be August or September and I have accepted the fact that the wheels turn very slow along with the bull they pull, but they turn. He could have rated what he had left but he (HE RO) saqy fit to get another leg exam so he decided to hold off on all of it till he got it all back..Yog

Found out today like to went crazy over the weekend wondering ,my SO called today I don't have 1 C&P but 2. One for the PTSD and the other is for the legs they haven't been scheduled yet but he want then having new medical evidence doesn't matter. Shane I think you were right on he/they just want them for rating purposes. I figure it will be August or September and I have accepted the fact that the wheels turn very slow along with the bull they pull, but they turn. He could have rated what he had left but he (HE RO) saqy fit to get another leg exam so he decided to hold off on all of it till he got it all back..Yog

Have to watch the VA. They pass memo's aroudn liek the one in San Antonio that made all the news telling docs nto to rate peopel for PTSD.

This Jim Stictland guy just had soemthign on his web page about veterans that go to an local clinnic in stead of the VA. they all have the right to see othe rsychs. he does not mention how the va can manipulate docs and sychs with memos.

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfapr09/nf041409-3.htm

Go to any othe sychs you cna afford to see. too many va sychs are in the "system" now and even go by waht the rater said and nto what the c&p sychs put down. I had to show my VA sych the c&p reports before they woudl change the way they treated me. they went with a raters opinion at first for years. after reading the c&p sych reports they wondered hwo anyone coudl be so studpi rating a veteran. jutst lucky they nwo make their own decissions on my meds. they could care less what the people at the va benefits part say. but they only see me 2 and sometimes 3 times a year. local syshcs see em every month or more.

doctors should eb doign the ratings.

now after years of seeing local psychs including ss sychs the VA rater i had is even shown as being even dumber or a kiss a**. va sychs at c&p made wrong diagnosis also. i am worse than what they said accroding to many other sychs.

two c&p syshcs clearly stated major depression with gaf's of 51 and 47 during the second eval. yep told them abotu my suicidal thoguhts and more. told them i woudl probably take someoen out that pised em off before i committed suicide. rater gave me 20%...did nto agrue because dav got me 100% p&t. had i know they woudl later say they made an error in one line of 3 page p&T i would have appealed it all then. but accordign to ss i should nto be handling my own affiars anyway. c&p sychs did nto see this problem and the rater did nto see anything. meyabe rater was hung over or coming down from drugs at the time.

that si why i think they shoud all be randomly tested for drugs and alcohol. otheriwse hwo do you knwo the mental condition fo the rater when the person rtaes you? if someone is rating us we should knwo the person is not doign drugs or alcohol and they are not being influneced by others at the va.

my va doc and va sych have both increased my meds over the years. i figure i shousld get 100% for sych now and with the rest added at least 190%. but since some of the reat (pshyical) got worse may even more. even got a new smaller walker sicne i could nto use the big one they had gotten me years ago. it was made for someone weighing 400 pounds. my swife ahd to take it out for me to use it. even my va nurses thought it was stupid for thme to get me a big walker liek that wiht my pyhsical problems.

and sinc ethe va says they mad ean error in one line of my p&T i shoudl be abel to appeal what they did not give me before and only rated at 0 percent.

Yeah I know but my god what I have been through, from right out fraud, to trying to ignore medical evidence to pin a personality disorder on me, that’s if it hadn't been for the folks to who saw the fraud they call errors I'd have no claim at all. I'd be the guy with the tools we have today saying I been fighting this thing for 20 years if they hadn't had screwed my Mental health C&P (non -PTSD-EXAM) to discount PTSD and mention I had a Borderline Personality Disorder about 25 times and I had dreams of combat it looks like PTSD but I had no re-experiencing and went on to say but it’s a "Borderline Personality Disorder" and the folks here caught the C&P examiner lying not just a little the whole thing was screw job and they picked it a part. Stretch there was nothing left it was soooooo bad. When I go to the DRO hearing I was scared to death about what they tried to do and RO Officer didn't even want to talk about it and I brought it up any way “hard” and made him listen to it. I prepare hard he was going to listen and he just said your stressor good man just stop, please stop I'm granting your stressor..But I wanted it on tape and for him to see that I see what you tried and it was low down dirty, I get the transcripts and it was a chop job it was edited out as inaudible.

Stretch what I have over come in the last 3 years has killed thousands of claims, you wouldn’t believe the stuff the Indy office has pulled on me and there those here that can attest to it. I saw my c-file marriage certificate in if c-file with my own eyes from where I sent it in 2001 date stamped and all, the VARO said they didn’t have it. I was going over my c-file with a VASO about my other claims and I saw it and when I saw it I said hey man what the F**K you guy just sent me a bill for $5,000+ for not being married for the last few years and there it is and this guy takes off in a panic Ooh, oH , man I have to get this back over there because I’m not allowed to have this I need to get this back across the Hall. 6 months later I get my c-file and it’s gone. JBasser got me out of the thousands they said I owed them but buddy they are insane and was going to make me pay every penny fixing to cut off my 40% that the 4 of us were living on at the time, Indy RO are not afraid to try anything or any RO for that matter they have just gotten more creative at it, if they are not out right shredding evidence we had found VA correspondences where they didn't even look for a stressor they just wanted that BPD and the whole claim would have been crap. Hell they didn't even have my c-file and had the 1st denial already written up.....Yog

record it. i have every conversation i have had on the phone wiht the va recorede. i record it onto a tape form the phone.

record your cdocs. record record. you cna get some very smal recorderes.