• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Berta

$459,700 Ao

Question

"Due to Agent Orange, veteran awarded $459,700

GARY HUFFENBERGER

Staff Writer

A local Vietnam War veteran has been awarded a $459,700 benefit because of their exposure to the herbicide Agent Orange during the war and the later onset of ischemic heart disease.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) completed a rating decision this month, making an evaluation of 100 percent, effective November 1994, for the Clinton County veteran. A 100 percent rating is the highest disability rating, according to Ray Souder, executive director of the Clinton County Veterans Service Office."

full story:

http://www.wnewsj.com/main.asp?SectionID=49&SubSectionID=156&ArticleID=188974

Berta,

Thanks for posting this.

I really love to see the actual amount in dollars.

Many time there are posts that say - hey I won,

I got SC'd at 30% 20% and a 10%.

That doesn't let me know just how much the VBA actually had to pay out.

And I love to see how much they actually have to pay out from prior denials

or a new grant of claim issues.

This probably relates to some of my cognitive problems as I have great

deficiencies with abstracts.

Ad

Since 1994. 100 percent since 1994 means this Veteran has been thru the ringer with the VA. I am elated for him.

There will be several more of theses awards since many vets filed heart disease claims and were denied. The bad thing is that diseases like Heart and Lung often lead to early deaths so most awards will be posthumous.

J

Well said John

My EED is either 1994 as this vet's was-or 1988 for my AO IHD claim.A posthumous award.

I dont know how they will handle those dates and have no idea what to expect from Nehmer.

The 1988 date is important because my husband had an MI at the VA in 1988( proven by medical evidence for my 1151/FTCA claim) which should have warranted 100% for 3 months,and then rated on residuals yet due to his misdiagnosis he was sent back to work within days.That has to be rated under Nehmer as it has never been rated at all by VA in almost 17 years and caused his death in 1994.

Then he suffered many TIAs ,also malpracticed.Because of lack of any treatment for his heart disease.

It almost amazes me that he didn't die sooner when I consider the malpractice they caused.

The CRA data ( a lengthy report that was mandated by Congress when these claims were on hold last year)-in my opinion- didnt even come close to estimates on the actual costs of these IHD claims.

The fact that IHD has put many 100% vets with past IHD denials into retro SMC categories as well as the fact that- as you aptly mentioned, many IHD vets are deceased and have spouses eligible possibly for accrued SMC as well as proper SC ratings

as posthumous retro due to the vet in their lifetime is going to add up to quite a sum when these Nehmer claims are awarded.

I played around with the SMC rates the other day trying to figure what they would award based on the historic rate tables back to 1991.But a med increase I take has made me very fuzzy and fatigued so I had to put the figures away.

Getting almost half a million when you are to ill to enjoy it is another VA screw job.

Yes, if you are 100% for IHD since 1994 it is grace of God that you lived long enough to collect the retro.