VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu For Ptsd

Rate this question

nycsucks

Question

Hello to All,

I am a female veteran who served from 04-07. I did one tour in Iraq, worked QRF and experienced MST. I don't want to go into detail due to my illness. I was medboarded even though I did not want to get out. I was stationed in Ft.Carson at that time their Psych Unit was being investigated for mistreating patients who had signs of PTSD. It was a painful time in my life which still angers me. When I got medboarded I was not told about any benefits I just got a one way ticket home. I went to the VA and was told to file a claim. I received 50% for ptsd and 10% lower back pain. I was told by my Psych at the VA to file for an increase since it is impossible for me to obtain and keep a job due to my meds which include, Lithium, Celexa, Valium, Abilify, Restoril and many more. I had a 2nd C&P and my rating was raised to 80%, 70 for PTSD, 10% for lower back pain, 10% migraines. My Psych at the VA advised me to file for TDIU and I did in Jan 2010. When I call the VA I was told it is still in the developmental phase even though my claim is an established claim and I have 2 letters from 2 different VA Psych's stating I cannot work. It's been a Year now and still nothing. I will soon be homeless now and feel hopeless. It seems none cares and they wonder why the suicide rate is so high among veterans. If anyone has any advice please share it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

I am 70% PTSD..... I get SSDI that was based only on records from VA....filed for TDIU in Nov.2010....just scheduled for c&p on the 27th of Jan....I also thought I had air tight claim and I am going on 14 months....hang in there, read the advice hear as much as possible ....it has helped me to know I wasn't alone in this matter...bunch of good, genuine, people here....keep your head up..

TDUI claims take the same as most claims. I understand what you are going through as I am also in the same boat. when you filed for your increase they should have awarded you TDUI on that claim - but you can request it at anytime which is what it looks like you did. So now what they have to do is basically re-open your claim and look through everything all over again. I know how frustrating and depressing it is. I sent in my claim in Dec 2010 and am still waiting. I was denied SSDI and am fighting that. If I were you I would go ahead and file for SSDI also. Don't be stressed if you get denied on your first try, just go though the hoops with them also and get what you are entitled to. When you get SSDI you can send that letter in to your TDUI claim and the VA will take it as evidence. You should be able to get both and you will....it's just demoralizing while you have to wait. You are not alone.

you can ask for a rush on the claim do to hardship. It does happen on a cases by cases bases.

there is a program for those that was given a low med or should have been given a medical retirement. it is a new board for those after 9-11.

I do not know if it will apply to you, but list link will give you more infor in it.

http://www.ngwrc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&Itemid=35

thank you all for your advice, I know its all a big headache especially here in NYC where it is the worst place to file a claim since they have way more claims than they do anywhere else. I was denied SSDI and I am also fighting it. It just sucks that I was medboarded and never got a chance to fight it and now I have to deal with this but I am just happy to be back home.

thank you all for your advice, I know its all a big headache especially here in NYC where it is the worst place to file a claim since they have way more claims than they do anywhere else. I was denied SSDI and I am also fighting it. It just sucks that I was medboarded and never got a chance to fight it and now I have to deal with this but I am just happy to be back home.

Hey whats up NYC sux. I served from 04-07 also, tour in Iraq, and I was on a QRF team as well. My claim has been with the NYC VARO since 08. Just had my first c and p october. Still waiting. Peggy, and IRIS are useless crap. Ive been checking the Monday Morning Workload, and NOT ONE APPEAL HAS BEEN DONE SINCE NOVEMBER!!! I want to go to Houston Street with a crowbar.

you can ask for a rush on the claim do to hardship. It does happen on a cases by cases bases.

there is a program for those that was given a low med or should have been given a medical retirement. it is a new board for those after 9-11.

I do not know if it will apply to you, but list link will give you more infor in it.

http://www.ngwrc.org...id=71&Itemid=35

Ive been listed as homeless by the va SINCE 09. nyc varo could care less about hardship.