• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension Ratings

Rate this question

dav_marine72

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Everyone,

I have been fighting the VA since 2002 over my hypertension rating of 0%. I knew I didn't meet the typical many over /100s readings. I have however been on continous medication since 2002. I saw many BVA cases that would decide in favor of the Veteran based on the benefit of the doubt doctrine. Sure enough I got my decision yesterday from the VA. Although I have hardly ever had readings above 160/ and maybe 10 /100 compared with tons of 120/80s when controlled with meds I was awarded 10%. Now I currently am still TDIU and gave up my SS benefits to go back to work one may think whats a 10% going to do for you? Well it took me from 80% to 90%. Why does that matter? I still have 4 service connections appealed on intial award from 2000. So not only will it factor into that but when the VA finally takes my TDIU because I work full-time again (although I can hardly do anything else in my life) it will help me to finally reach that 100% schedular rating.

Hell I can't do anything outside of work, if I didn't work I'd be drunk all the time, I have 12 service connections, 3 of which severely disable me, who knows what old age brings me (only 39), you bet I'm going to fight to get 100%. Honestly if I could not withstand extreme pain and didn't go through the Marines I doubt I'd be working today. The decision I got yesterday obviously has not been published yet so if anyone would like to discuss my stradegy for getting the 10% feel free to post or email. Thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

DAV Marine, we had a very interesting SVR show with Dr Craig Bash and John Brown a few weeks ago about this very issue.

When the VA zero'd your BP rating did you ever have a chest Xray?

If you did was your heart size within Normal limits or was it enlarged?

If a Veteran gets a zero HTN rating and the heart is enlarged then the rating may be higher according to the Gurus.

You may want to listen to this show. http://www.svr-radio.com/images/3-7-2012_Dr._Bash,_Jon_Brown,_and_Berta_IMO-IME.mp3

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey,

Don't think that was ever done. I have had chest x-rays for asthma not sure if that would show it. I actually was first diagnosed after severe pain set in. Luckily a civil doc in 1997 wrote that the hypertension was related. Later talking with a DRO she told me they never should have service connected. Go figure. Thanks.