VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

So what does it mean? Can we fly Space A or not? I read that one Commander told the transportation servicemen something like this 'They better damn well help any disabled person onto the plane' after this was passed and the transport/terminal workers were still acting like they didn't understand that 100% disabled were now allowed to fly Space A. I just can't remember what forum I read it on. It might have been on Facebook's Patrick AFB Passenger Terminal site. Let's look into this and not let it go. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Lets ask our congressmen what happened to it. That was last years defense bill.

J

When/if Space A is approved, you will find it as a "change" in DOD 4515.13 Sec 3, 3.6

www.dod.gov

There are many concerns for the crew that need to be considered.  Aircrew are not med techs.  We add medical techs for those specific missions or we have the medics that are with the CASVAC.  100% DAV means you have serious issues, you are not 'healthy, able-bodies' headed TO a meat grinder, or spitting out the other side, so...not equipped.  I wouldn't keep holding your breath for this to change. Aircraft are expensive to fly and maintain, they don't make good taxis unless your a politician.

• 2 years later...

Even IF one can obtain space A for 100% TDIU or other veterans groups, good luck because even for retired military personnel there are very few flights since the Obama years.  Maybe they'll pick up but so far due to his cuts the military has very few flights to anywhere.