Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unexpected Twist But Good Outcome

Rate this question

carolinian

Question

I applied for TDUI back in May of this year and yesterday my claim was completed. They granted me 100% P&T and I must admit I didn't see this one coming. Keep fighting the fight and never give up because we never know what might happen. I wish everyone luck with their current situation.

Congrats: Your not done yet. Get your DOD card for PX & Commissary Privileges, some good discounts. Probably the most important thing to look into right away is , does your state offer a 100% or IU Vets Property Tax Exemption. Michigan just passed an "PTE" Law end of 13, I was IU'd 6/14 got refund of all of 13 &14, very nice. Generally speaking you must file a State Form for the "PTE" in the very beginning of the Tax year with your local community's Property Tax Dept.

You got it, now keep it. Always keep the "Gainful Employment Income" US Poverty Level Income for (1) person $12,???.00 in mind. Your P&T with no future exams, but you still have to report "Earned Income" to the VA Yearly By the Anniversary Date of your IU Award until your 70. I've read the VA no longer sends out the Income Info Requests but we're still obligated to file on our own. Non Filing could cause the VA to jump ugly and you dont't want that.

Sooooooooooooo, sit back and hopefully enjoy your YEAR++++++++ RETRO$$$$$. Couldn't come at a better time. Merry Christmas and I'm sure you'll have a Happy New Year.

Semper Fi

Gastone

This is GREAT News!

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone..

you mention you still have to report earned income to the VA yearly?

if a veteran is getting IU he/she is not suppose to be working?

about the property tax I believe each state is different, I just took my award letter to the property tax office and they have it on file its automaticly set up with homestead exemption, no need to report or file anything at my tax office once you file for it & approved.....unless of course you move change address!

Edited by Buck52

I downloaded the commissary, deers(forms) px, letters and I will start taking care of business first thing in the morning. I am from SC and you get tax exemption on your primary residence, property exemption on 2 vehicles, and education benefits for your spouse and kids if it applies. I will have to wait to see exactly what the paperwork reads in the envelope that was sent out but the letter on ebennies said effective date 1 December 2014. This is going to be a busy week.